Date   

Re: New day, new quarters - fuzzy thread (attn: Insaya, Larissa, any kitchen worker)

Bryony <cc.bryony@...>
 

Insaya paused again, feeling a bit awkward, then nodded. "Alright.
Um.... is there somewhere I should put this?" She gestured to the
small bundle by her feet. "I don't have a lot of things to bring with
me. Just some clothes and a couple of scrolls from when I was
studying."

Yaranna glanced at it, then up at her. "What's your situation,
sweetheart?" she asked, keeping her voice low as she busied herself
making the klah. "Got family in the Weyr, or are you from outside?"

Insaya paused, then shook her head. "No, I don't have any family." She seemed to hold herself back a little, as if not wanting to say more, but she then took a breath and spoke anyway. "That's why I'm not staying with them."


Out Of Tune Attn Apprentice Harpers/Candidate Harpers

Laura Walker
 

It was probably a mercy for everyone that Peetah didn't share all of
his lessons with other apprentices. He had been well-versed in the
basics, which meant that despite his age he warranted a fair amount of
one-on-one tuition.

Choir practice though, much to his annoyance, catered for *everyone*
including those in Candidacy. Waiting to do his solo, Peetah's
impatience built as the Journeyman in charge took them over the same
verse again.. and again.. and again with the harmony.. and again.. And
then the hour was up and they never had got to that solo part.

Almost bursting with frustration he turned on one of the Candidates,
not caring that he was several turns younger and half the size of the
one who had caused his annoyance. "You were out of tune," he said
angrily. "I could hear you the whole time. They shouldn't let you
Candidates waste everyone's time if you don't even know how to sing
properly!"

OOC: Fight, fight, fight, fight.. (feel free to be the insulted kid..
or to take sides ;-)

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.


Re: One tuber, two tubers, three tubers, four... ((Attn: Yaranna, Kinara))

Laura Walker
 

Kinara, having fully expected the other woman to stand beside her and guide her hands, was caught by surprise when the other stepped behind her and reached around to grasp Kinara's hands. Managing not to flinch away, Kinara wasn't able to fully prepare herself for the closeness of the position and so couldn't help the way her back straightened and her shoulders tensed up. Nodding her head to the others words, and even feeling that the nod was a little stiff, Kinara replied "Right, nothing to worry about."

"Make sure you're cutting away from your body - most accidents happen when you're trying to cut towards yourself," Yaranna instructed, not seeming to notice her stiffness as she repositioned the tuber. "Hold it firmly between your fingers and use your thumb to push the knife - you see?"


Re: Just Missed Eggs, But Trying Still {{Attn: Do'zer, Kinara))

kepheren
 

 

Do'zer listened patiently and smiled to encourage her to continue as Kinara spoke. His attention piqued a bit at the mention of a daughter. Being a candidate didn't allow for much of a family life for a parent. Much less so for a weyrling should she be lucky enough to Impress. Doing the math though he could tell that if she had a baby at 19 and was 22 now then some accommodation must have been made....especially if she had still been a candidate at Fort.
 
"I hope that I don't sound indelicate but has your child come to Arolos as well? Understandably there has been a lot of turmoil over everything that has happened at Fort. Do you think you can devote the time needed to possibly become a weyrling one day?"
 
He assumed the answer was yes but he waited patiently to see what she would say.
 
(Ooc: Sorry for the delay. I was a goober and forgot that this was in the main board instead of on the candidates board. Been watching over there for your reply. *doh*) 


Re: V is for Violin Attn Ayaer

Laura Walker
 


"Are you always so defensive?" Ayaer smiled, leaning back in his desk chair. "When was the last time you changed your strings?"

"About three months ago." Peetah's chin jutted, and he looked as though he would like to say more but - for once - wasn't quite sure what to say.


Re: If I Sang It.. Attn Any Harper

Laura Walker
 

"Uh huh.... Sure. You're watching "history". And if I don't take you
out of here, we're both going to be "history" when your mother finds
out."
Roshan gave Peetah a look, knowing exactly what he was watching,
though she wasn't looking at the Weyrwoman herself. Instead, she kept
her eyes carefully away, getting more embarrassed by the moment. "So
are you going to leave with me? Or do I have to carry you out like a
little brat?"

The idea of that ws almost enough to snatch Peetah's attention back
from the scene in front of him. "You wouldn't dare!" he exclaimed,
horrified by the idea. "I have rights!" They were both apprentices,
after all. She had NO RIGHT just to go bossing him!


Re: New day, new quarters - fuzzy thread (attn: Insaya, Larissa, any kitchen worker)

Laura Walker
 

Insaya paused again, feeling a bit awkward, then nodded. "Alright.
Um.... is there somewhere I should put this?" She gestured to the
small bundle by her feet. "I don't have a lot of things to bring with
me. Just some clothes and a couple of scrolls from when I was
studying."

Yaranna glanced at it, then up at her. "What's your situation,
sweetheart?" she asked, keeping her voice low as she busied herself
making the klah. "Got family in the Weyr, or are you from outside?"


Re: Old Dragon, New Flight Attn HEALERS

Laura Walker
 


 J'lar led the way outside as quickly as he judged the bronzerider was able to walk.  Once there, he quickly scrambled up the small brown, and leaned down to offer M'ayen a hand.  This would be the tricky part without straps.  He couldn't exactly offer to have Zeligeth lift up the other man without offering him rather grave insult, but he wasn't exactly confident of M'ayen's ability to climb up on his own in his current condition.  "Careful climbing up, sir," he said after a moment's thought.  "Zeligeth is a mite bit smaller than you're probably used to."

It was a warning that softened the prickle of M'ayen's pride and he reached gratefully to accept the hand up. "Thank you for the lift," he said, more to the dragon than the rider.


Re: Hi T'ryn, I'm Kassia! aten: T'ryn, Kassia

sailyn2
 

Myholth passed the message on quickly, not really paying much
attention to whether or not His wanted to meet with the Weyrwoman or
not. Foreth wanted it, so it would be so as far as the bronze was
concerned.

T'ryn, for his part, wasn't opposed to the idea. He was in his own
office - and that was still taking some getting used to! - when the
request/order came from his dragon. Straightening his shirt as he
stood, the young bronzer strode though the hall to the appointed
meeting place, knocking lightly before entering.

"Good evening, Weyrwoman," he said, nodding genially to Kassia.

~~~~

Kassia gave him the courtesy of standing when he entered and then sat again. Brogan sat quietly at her side, not yet willing to trust her safety around this stranger, new Weyrleader or not.

"Please, have a seat," she told T'ryn. "The staffers have done a wonderful job with our dinner. Then tell me more about yourself."


Re: Arrival ((Attn: Kassia, Margana))

sailyn2
 


{{My rider and I thank you,}} Zlorenth replied to the watchdragon.  {{I'm going to the Rim,}} he informed his rider.  {{Don't worry about the bags, we'll get them later.}}  After Margana, Karla and Tamalak dismounted he leapt into the air to head to the Rim.
 
Margana would have held each of the twins' hands if she could have gotten away with it.  She was nervous - with good reason.  There was nothing that said they would have any warmer a welcome at Arolos than they had had at Ista...but hopefully...
 
All too soon she was at the Weyrwoman's quarters and took a deep breath.  "Here we go," she said - either to herself or to the twins - and knocked.  "Margana, rider of blue Zlorenth reporting for duty," she called.

~~~~

The guard on the door looked them over before letting them in.

Kass looked up from behind her desk as the trio entered. Brogan sat beside her desk watching with more concern than actual distrust. Still, the Callamere bronze was often intimidating enough just by being present.

"Fair skies," the Weyrwoman greeted. She gestured to the two seats on the other side of her desk. "Have a seat. Feel free to take a third chair from the small dining table in the corner as well. And tell me about yourselves." She glanced between the three of them. The twins (at least she assumed they were twins) looked old enough to speak for themselves. At least in a limited capacity.


OOC: Any reason that Kassia would likely know them by name (either from Fort or Ista)? I'm fine either way.


Re: HATCHING 4: Small Rescues - I would never eat you {Pohnwin, D'cul}

Kouga
 

Sensibly, D'cul kept his distance as he watched the exchange. Seteieth noticed and was actually amused. {{Little Ioath, greetings. I am Seteieth and D'cul is mine. He does not want your Pohnwin, yours is just that. Yours. Always and ever, and you're his. None shall take you away from the other.}} The bronze's tone is confident and calming as he addresses the hatchling from where he's perched still on the rafters. D'cul sent a thought of gratitude to his partner before addressing the pair again.
"Very good, Pohnwin of Ioath. That was masterful. Now, make sure that
she chews and doesn't go too fast. She's very hungry, and I'm certain
you feel it yourself, but you are the control. Limit her to just that
bowl you have, for it will be enough. Make sure she chews so she
neither chokes nor has large chunks in her gut. That will hurt when it
comes out."<<

{{Of /course/ he is mine and no one can take him.}} The little green
replied not at all impressed by the bronze's reply, not when it
sounded so very stupid {{That's why he's /mine/.}} and it didn't help
that she didn't see the source of the words after all if she couldn't
see them what if the voice was trying to trick her and tried to take
her Pohnwin when she wasn't looking? She curled her tail as far around
her new rider's legs as she could manage nearly causing him to
stumble, not that she noticed that.

Poh for his part blinked at D'cul unsure what the man thought was
masterful, all he had done was feed Ioath he nodded at the words all
the same. After a short moment though he felt said green's tail around
his legs and stumbled forward a step before quickly catching his
balance. "Be careful Ioath or I will fall." he told her.

{{Sorry Pohnwin.}}

"It's ok." he promised offering her another piece of meat when she
opened her maw once more offering her all the loving thoughts he had
for her as he had learned to do with Enkeonth when the brown would
speak to he and his siblings from time to time.

*Kouga*

Join the Aywas fun - http://aywas.com/register.php?ref=768

Dear "Would you like a table ma'am?",
No I came to this 5 star restaurant to eat on the floor!
Sincerely, Carpet for three please.
From DBPB.com


Re: HATCHING 4: Small Rescues, Malvik/Hardreth, any AWLM

Kouga
 

Practically drooling, Hardreth reared up onto unsteady haunches- steadied of course by his new rider- to watch as the AWLM 'looked' for the proper bowl of meat.
"See, it *did* have your name on it.. or in it actually," Ma'vik
grinned at the little brown as he accepted the bowl from Tai'zen. He
didn't waste any time in handing over the first chunk, and watched
carefully as the brown dutifully chewed it up and swallowed.

((Chewed and swallowed!)) He chirped, broadcasting to them both as he
opened his jaws wide for inspection. ((More please.. and whats an
AWLM? Is it someone who gives meat to hatchlings?))

"Its nice to meet you, I imagine we'll be seeing a lot of you over the
next little while." Ma'vik said as he popped another piece of meat
into Hardreth's mouth. "AWLMs are Weyrling trainers, Hardreth. They
teach us how to become riders, so we can join a wing one day."

ooc: I'm having fun with this too :) Sorry for the wait!<<

"We only give you meat today, after today your rider has to get it for
you. It is his job he was just to busy waiting for you today to get
your meat too." Tai'zen added after Ma'vik's reply "Really your rider
is right. Mostly we are here to make sure you learn all the things you
both need to so you can be your best and fight thread when you get
bigger. We're also here to spoil your fun as you will find out." the
last was partly joke and partly true. As babies the dragonets liked to
play and while they got some time for play he and the other masters
were there to break up that fun when it was time to learn or when it
was dangerous.

ooc: no worries :)

*Kouga*

Join the Aywas fun - http://aywas.com/register.php?ref=768

Dear "Would you like a table ma'am?",
No I came to this 5 star restaurant to eat on the floor!
Sincerely, Carpet for three please.
From DBPB.com


Re: First Step, Chat with WW ((Attn: Kassia, Kinara))

Rosiegirl
 

Shifting a little where she was standing, her hands behind her as she stood there and able to feel the thick bracelet Kiloka had gotten her as it shifted on her wrist, Kinara replied to the WW's question with only a slight hesitation "I was...I am working through things that happened to me at Fort several times. And what happened once even after moving here. All the..attacks, from the first when I was 17, have effected me in ways that were not good- especially in someone wanting to share their life with a dragon...or even another person. It's those effects and how I see...and feel about myself that I've had to work through." Swallowing hard at admitting all of that to such an important person, Kinara fell silent still with her eyes slightly downcast. 

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 12:13 PM, <sailyn2@...> wrote:


---In ArolosWeyr@..., <rosiegirl872@...> wrote:

As the WW focused in on Kinara having mentioned the mindhealer, Kinara nodded and looked down at the floor saying "Yes Ma'am." Pausing a moment, not just unsure what to say but also not really wanting to talk about things too much (figuring she'd done all the talking really necessary with the mindhealer) Kinara continued with "I'd been a candidate at Fort until having my daughter, but I didnt go back to be a candidate again. Arriving here and talking with some people has made me want to try again, and so I've been wanting to be a candidate for 8ish months, but I needed to...work through some things. Fort didn't have mindhealers to help us. The mindhealers I've been talking with have only now said that they'd clear me to be a candidate."  Stopping there, Kinara wondered if WW Kassia would want to know more details about it.

~~~~

"What did you need to work through?" Kassia prompted, there being no such thing as "mindhealer-patient" privilege where the competency to Stand for a clutch was concerned. Especially since the girl was over the normal limit for Standing.



Re: (PROJECT) Coming Soon - Craft Skills Fair! ATTN ALL!

Adrienne <adrienne142003@...>
 

Olanne was such an apprentice Ayaer could have spotted in the crowds. She was carrying her flute and even though she was a cndidate because she had been one over a turn she spent a lot of time practiving. She had even sang a few times during the Harper's Open evne though she had yet to win nothing deterred the bubbly blonde from trying. She liked creating new songs exploring her talents indeed she could easily be exploited.



On Monday, November 18, 2013 5:47 AM, Zaganthi wrote:
 
It was all very exciting, and the South positively buzzed with energy as everyone, from junior apprentices up, worked at finding the best way to display their work.

Ayaer thought it was likely that the master crafters had gotten together and put the announcement together as a dare. It was certainly a way to increase output in a short burst, and for every ten shitty designs and forty badly executed songs, there might be one jewel. That was worth the hype.

He finished reading the announcement, and turned to eye the gathered crowd to see if there were any apprentices in the immediate area he could harass.



A Golden Opportunity: Attn: Kassia / Khezhar

kepheren
 

Khezar kept his hat pulled down to shield his eyes from the overly bright sun of the southern continent. He had moved here not too long after the attack on Fort Weyr for a variety of reasons, not the least of which was the chances were higher here that he wouldn't be recognized. That night he had earned a lot of money and even more prestige within the RedStars. It had also come with a lot of blood on his hands and the chance, though remote, that someone had seen him that could prove his involvement.

These days he kept a more quiet profile. Blending in as a simple black smith, building up his skills and his business in this new home and just generally living life. Soon enough he might be called upon for a mission but in the mean time a man had to keep busy....and earn his keep so that he could eat.

It was with a great deal of interest that he had read of the upcoming craft competition. Perhaps he could make that next step and be confirmed as a master. It was then with some amusement that he had heard of Weyrwoman Kassia's notice to sponsor talented crafters who had ideas that could benefit the Weyr. What a wonderful opportunity he thought to work on some of his more creative ideas and gain some knowledge of this new Weyr in the process. It was too good to pass up.

With that in mind Khezhar found himself on the road to Arolos. It hadn't been a pleasant trip in this heat but now he was finally here and parking his wagon just outside the gate house which led inside.

"Guard the wagon love," he said in an affectionate tone to the green wher who lay curled inside with some of the examples of his work.

((Eat them?)) Wasp asked, sounding almost hopeful when asking if she should kill anyone who poked around the wagon.

"No, just scare them away. We have to be on our best behavior here."

With that he gave her an affection hug around the neck, gathered up his rolled up hides covered in notes and sketches and turned to the guards at the gate.

"My name is Khezhar, Journeyman Smith. I've come seeking a sponsorship from Weyrwoman Kassia. She should have gotten my letter by now."

And with that he waited to see if they would let him in and lead him on to his hopefully future patron.


Re: WherCraft: Training and Testing (attn. Athesta, Diagir, Any Needing Whers Tested)

Ren
 

The inundation of questions caused the young queen to squeak in surprise and sit down with a whine. Diagir gave her a concerned look but didn't do anything since she wasn't misbehaving. Ziya thought for a moment before answering. {Ziya live in hall, not mountain. Moun...} The gold turned to Diagirsk at a quiet murmur from the brown before looking back to Risk. {'Girsk say mountain called Weyr. Big shiny?} Ziya fell into quiet conversation again before her eyes widened in surprise. {Oh... oh, Risk did nono. Risk make big mama dragon mad. Big One in charge! She boss even Rain and 'fire! Alpha alpha. Risk make Big mad, Risk be so bad. But... Risk not bad. Risk Ziya friend. Ziya know Risk good. Rin work with 'gir, make better. Be good good.}

Diagir had, of course, figured out who Ziya was talking to by now. He smiled at Rin from his post and made a mental note to ask if he'd considered apprenticeship.

On Nov 18, 2013 5:13 PM, "domfree778" <freedomfornone@...> wrote:

 

--- In ArolosWeyr@..., Ren Fenwitz wrote: > > Ziya perked up at t...

> On Nov 18, 2013 4:21 PM, "domfree778" wrote:

> > > > --- In ArolosWeyr@..., Duo Maxwell wrote: > > > Diagir arriv...

> > On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Keelyn wrote: > > > > > > > > One of the main reasons...

>Risk jumped, startling Rin, and looked over at Ziya. She almost bounded over to her, but stopped herself just in time. She couldn't get Rin in more trouble. <> The green could not contain her shrill whistle of joy. She dropped her jaw in a wher grin. <>


Re: One tuber, two tubers, three tubers, four... ((Attn: Yaranna, Kinara))

Rosiegirl
 

Kinara, having fully expected the other woman to stand beside her and guide her hands, was caught by surprise when the other stepped behind her and reached around to grasp Kinara's hands. Managing not to flinch away, Kinara wasn't able to fully prepare herself for the closeness of the position and so couldn't help the way her back straightened and her shoulders tensed up. Nodding her head to the others words, and even feeling that the nod was a little stiff, Kinara replied "Right, nothing to worry about." 


On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
 

Yaranna stood behind her though, rather than next to Kinara, reaching around to set a hand on each of hers. It was a very close position, maybe closer than her warning had implied. "Once you get into the rhythm of things it's really nothing to worry about."


On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 4:38 AM, Patricia Stacey <rosiegirl872@...> wrote:


It was a testament to all the work with the mindhealers that Kinara didn't hesitation or feel uneasy at Yaranna's offer, knowing that the other woman would be touching her...even if only touching her hands. Nodding her acceptance at the offer, Kinara replied with "Thank you." and in her head Kinara thanked the other for asking before touching. At the question, Kinara's eyes widened slightly as she said "Oh, It's not that I've never done this, just not often enough to get comfortable. I worked in other areas more often than the kitchen, and when in the kitchen I did other things more often than peeling or cutting. I don't mind you asking. First from the Harper Hall, but I wasn't a harper, and then Searched to Fort."


On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 5:54 AM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
 

Kinara had the feeling as if she was being watched but didnt look up to see if the feeling was right, not until she heard a chuckle. The knife stilled and Kinara's head came up to look at at the red-headed woman standing next to her at the counter. Giving a rueful shake of her head, Kinara said "Yeah, that's actually what I'm worried about. I'm not used to working in the kitchen at all. Don't want to cut myself by accident." 

The ever present bracelet around her wrist was a constant reminder of having cut herself before, and although she knew an accidental cut in the kitchen would be nothing like that one...the worry about not paying attention with a knife in her hand was still there.

"Can I help you?" Yaranna offered pleasantly. "The easiest way is my hands on top of yours, just so you know where to hold them, but I don't want to touch you without asking." She looked curiously at the Candidate, head on one side. "Mind if I ask where you grew up, where they never set you to peeling tubers before?"







--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.



Re: Elsewhere during the Feast (Sh'ain, Lady Alyssa, ANY)

Kevin M
 




On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 5:28 PM, Bryony <cc.bryony@...> wrote:
 

>>"Mother!" Palysso cried as he shoved his way through the gathering crowd, heedless of the grumbles that he left in his wake. He dropped down on his knees beside Alyssa. "What happened here?" He asked, directing his question to Sh'ain, who was the closest and therefore the one most likely to have a clue. 
>>
>>
>>Then he raised his voice to call out over the crowd. "Is there a healer here?" 
>>
>>
>"She fainted, as far as I could tell," Sh'ain informed Palysso.  "Fortunately, I was right behind her at the time, so I don't think she's hurt.  I asked for someone to go get a healer and your father, but I don't know if anyone did," he added, before nodding a greeting to Sarati.
>
>
Alyssa did open one eye when she heard her son's voice and gave a soft sigh before whispering just loud enough for the three people nearby. "Palysso? What are you doing here? I told her to tell you to go break up the argument. *This* was supposed to divert attention." The corners of her mouth turned down briefly before she remembered herself. She moaned and appeared to regain consciousness for the benefit of anyone other than Sh'ain, Palysso, and Sarati who (hopefully) was watching her and not the Lord Holder and Weyrwoman arguing.

"No one's watching, are they?" Lady Alyssa murmured to Sh'ain. "Usually this works better."

Sh'ain quirked one eyebrow as the woman started talking.  So she'd been faking it all along!  He angled his head slightly so his hair would obscure his lips moving.  "Nope, sorry," he murmured in reply.  "A few were, but I think a fight between a Weyrwoman and a Lord Holder trumps a Lady Holder fainting." He looked back up, an amused look in his eyes as he looked between Palysso and Sarati.  The bluerider didn't, however, do anything obvious to blow the ruse, clearly willing to let Alyssa decide when to stop.


Re: WherCraft: Training and Testing (attn. Athesta, Diagir, Any Needing Whers Tested)

B L
 

--- In ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups.com, Ren Fenwitz <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

Ziya perked up at the familiar scent of her green friend and wagged her
tail once. A testament to Diagir's training, she remained still despite her
desire to go greet Risk. Her mindvoice, however, was under no such
restrictions. {Risk! Ziya happy now! Risk be good, yes? Ziya watch Risk,
make sure Risk good. 'Gir says Risk's 'uman in bad bad trouble. Risk good,
Rin no in trouble, yes?} Her tone is happy and even as she regards the
green.

On Nov 18, 2013 4:21 PM, "domfree778" <freedomfornone@...> wrote:



--- In ArolosWeyr@yahoogroups.com, Duo Maxwell <wingedadrian@> wrote: >
Diagir arrived on t...
On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 7:08 PM, Keelyn <keelynw@> wrote: > > > > > > >
One of the main reasons...
Rin walked in, late of course, with Risk trailing behind him, as far as
the short leash would allow. Rin was trying his hardest to not look like a
pouting child. Risk had no such qualms. She growled quietly to herself, her
eyes swirling with irritation. <<Risk no like. Risk go hunt?>>

"No," Rin hissed, patting her. "We'll be quick." He fished a piece of dried
meat out of his pocket and gave it to her, placating her for the time being.

The pair stood in the back, Rin leaning against the wall with his arms
folded. He watched the woman speaking with unreadable eyes.



Risk jumped, startling Rin, and looked over at Ziya. She almost bounded over to her, but stopped herself just in time. She couldn't get Rin in more trouble. <<Ziya no in big mountain! Why? Risk happy to! Rin in trouble? Big shiny meanie mean to Risk. Rin protect Risk! Risk be good for Rin and Ziya!>> The green could not contain her shrill whistle of joy. She dropped her jaw in a wher grin. <<Risk and Ziya play?>>


Re: Hatching Feast! (attn: Kime, Taralae, Fransa, Nyla (and parents), ANY)

Kevin M
 




On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Bryony <cc.bryony@...> wrote:
 

>>>>> Nyla smiled back. "Of course, Shalia. Merry would love to meet you." She noticed that Shalia seemed far more cheerful than the other non-Impressed candidates, but didn't bring it up.

>>>>
>>>>"A pleasure to meet you," Salma said warmly. Lorven was too busy talking to Kime to notice Shalia's arrival.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>"I got Flori because one of the riders advertised in the dining hall that he had a clutch and was giving away eggs." Kimi tried answering all of the questions in turn, but she didn't seem quite sure where to start. Though Flori seemed very interested in Fransa's blue when he showed up and gave him a merry little chirp in welcome.
>>>
>>>"And.... she might have a flight soon. She's old enough, I think. Or nearly old enough. Would you want one of the eggs if she did?" Kime looked at Taralae curiously, saying out loud the plan that had popped into her head moments before. "It would probably only be a green or a blue though, if you're alright with that. Or I can help keep an eye open in case someone posts another announcement. That might be better."
>>>
>>>Roshan grinned as the conversation seemed to move on without her, so she looked around the room as if searching out someone in particular. She didn't seem to find whoever it was though, so she smiled quickly at the group. "I... have to go find someone. So, if everyone will excuse me...." The harper bowed a little and nodded to everyone, then walked quickly away, the smile on her face rapidly disappearing to be replaced with faint worry.
>>>
>>>
>>
>>Taralae's eyes widened at the suggestion from Kime but she smiled shyly. "That's very k-k-kind, K-kime. C-c-can I take you up on it if I d-d-don't ever Impress? It w-w-won't be long until all m-m-my chances are g-g-gone and then... then I might n-n-need a little f-f-friend like your F-flori." she concluded with a small sigh. She noticed that another Candidate had joined them and introduced herself. "Hello Shalia, I'm T-t-taralae."
>>
>
>
> "Greetings, Taralae.  I'm sorry you didn't Impress," Shalia said sympathetically.  It wasn't too hard to tell that the older woman didn't have many Hatchings left to find a lifemate, even without her comment.  The redhead nodded a greeting at the other redhead at the table.  "Ho, Kime."
>
>________________________________
> From: Adrienne <adrienne142003@...>


>"I
am in the same boat as you Taralae I don't have many turns left myself
to impress. Hello Shalia, I'm Fransa." she said. She than chuckled
noticing that pretty much all of them were redheads.
>
>
>
Kime waved merrily to Shalia. "Hey. How're you?" She tilted her head a little to one side, glancing at the wine the other girl held with a question in her eyes. She obviously wanted to ask if the candidates were allowed to be drinking, but didn't with Nyla's parents standing there.
"Of course, Taralae! You can if you do Impress too, of course. As long as your dragon is okay with it, I mean. And there's four queens here, it can't be too long, right? We're not even halfway through the Pass, so there should be more?" She turned to Shalia with the last question, asking the weyr-bred girl.

"Hi, Fransa," Shalia gave the older Candidate a small smile.  "Nice to meet you, even under the circumstances."  She turned to Kime and Taralae.  "You won't be able to Impress a flit for several months after Impressing a dragon," she warned, although she wasn't entirely sure if that was an actual inability, or a rule meant for the safety of the dragonet.  "Of course, you probably won't *want* to," she added with a grin.  "And no, it shouldn't be too long before the next clutch is on the sands.  In fact, I'm kind of surprised Foreth hasn't risen already, but I'd bet it's within the sevenday."  And the sooner the better, if she was going to have to go to the Hold until the next Hatching.

>>ooc: sorry work's been a bit of a beast this week, didn't realise everyone was waiting for me :)
>OOC: Were we?  Honestly hadn't noticed *g*
ooc: I was pretty much waiting for whoever wanted to reply next. ;) Mostly 'cause I was feeling bad about not having waved hi to Shalia yet but didn't want to step on toes by posting twice in a row.

 

33241 - 33260 of 529433