Re: Is it ok to be happy and sad and mad? {Fellan, E'lis}

Aaron

:I know PapaE'lis. I know you and PapaD'lan and all my Mamas would
let me be out there. I just don't understand why they won't. I can
hear Luna, Hobath, Ravid, and all the others just fine and they can
hear me if they want to. I can even talk to Sharp and Strom just fine
and I make sure they get lots of training. Why does it matter that I
can't hear you or use my voice to talk to you? I know it is harder,
but why does it matter that much?:: Fellan didn't actually expect an
answer, wasn't even sure he wanted one, more just it had been alot and
he was upset in way he couldn't even begin to explain or maybe even
understand. For now it had to be enough that E'lis said it was ok to
be feeling lots of things ::Can I have that hug now?:: he asked after
a pause.

E'lis's heart broke for his son. He wished he had the answers. If it were up to him, there could not possibly be any harm in letting Fellan try. Hearing was important in Fall, but dragons could hear, and Fellan could hear dragons.

He pulled Fellan into a hug until the boy was ready to let go and then signed,

::I don't think it matters. I think your heart is in the right place, and I think you can do anything you work at. Stay close to bottom of the Stands, OK? Maybe a dragon will decide they want you most. And maybe one won't. But you can try.::

ooc: I'm sorry for dropping this! I keep finding more and more things I lost as I've been working on clearing out my gigantic inbox backlog. I understand if you're done with this one, but we can keep going if you're not.