Re: Out For A Brisk Walk Att: Bl'by/Andronda

Laura Walker

"It's like asking a dragon to leave a runner alone, isn't it? They'll probably do it, but neither of them are going to be particularly happy, and the consequences if they give in aren't worth the risk." Bl'by did have treats though, and correctly guessed what Pochi was after. He produced a treat but held it away from the wher. "Sit then, there's a lad," he said firmly, in much the same voice he used on Tiddler.

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 10:47 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
> Bl'by laughed, and sounded much more like the man she'd danced with than the shy formal one he'd turned into when he found out who she was. "Isn't it though? I'd forgotten what is was like to go for a walk without my shirt sticking to me." He fussed again over the wher, hands busy even as he spoke to her. "Just as well I didn't bring Tiddler out though isn't it, hm? You'd have had him for dinner I bet."

"Don't I know it!" Andronda laughed.  She liked it better like this,
with Bl'by acting like she was a normal person, and not someone who
was standing up on a pedestal all the time.  "This feels more like the
weather I grew up with, back in Telgar."

Pochi didn't know what a 'Tiddler' was, but the word dinner had the
wher snuffling at Bl'by's pockets for possible treats.  A silent
warning from Andronda kept the wher from getting too rambunctious.

"Probably a good thing, yes, but I wouldn't have let him approach if
you had.  I'd hate to see someone's pet get hurt because of him.  And
as much as I like to think my training would keep him from it, a puppy
would probably be too tempting for him not to try."

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146