Re: This will have been worth the wait (Tyne/R'zzon)

Laurie

R'zzon didn't cry. He was a man. He didn't cry. So why did he feel like he was looking through water?

The food smelled delicious, but she'd opened up to him and he had to open up to her. "At first, I just wanted to be your friend. It's--hard--for a dragonrider to be around one who has lost half of themselves. But just because something's missing doesn't make a dragonless person any less. I truly can't imagine how you feel, but in general, if someone loses an arm, or a leg, they aren't treated any differently. But for you--people don't know how to act. They pity, or they avoid you." He'd started with generalities, but now, now he was talking direct.

"It's wrong. I hated it when people tiptoed around you. Anyone, actually. I've seen others who couldn't take the ostracization and suicided. And, when I met you, I could tell you felt 'other', and wanted you to know you had someone to talk to. Someone who didn't judge you. And those others, they don't know what they're missing. You have made my life richer for knowing you.' He gave her a lopsided smile.

"There's only one problem. Now I don't want to share you with anyone else."

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 3:56 AM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
Encapsulated in the embrace, Tyne let the sensations surround her. The scent of his clothing, the feel of his skin against hers, the sound of his breathing, It suffused her senses and every component added to the jigsaw of calm that built itself around her just whenever he was near. In so many ways that he probably didn't even realise, he had been of such huge importance. She had been content to sit there for several moments simply wrapped in the emotions that filled her. Without Myrandith, there were parts of her that had huge amounts of love to give, that had needed direction like a river stuck behind a dam.

As his stomach rumbled, a small smile curled her lips. "I'll dish up dinner." His cheek was kissed gently as she got to her feet and even as she busied herself cutting bread, her voice quietly and carefully continued. "I was scared of you, for a while," she admitted. "Scared that you would see through me and see all the broken bits left behind and realise it... wasn't worth it." It was a painful admission but one that lurked many a time in her thoughts. "For the longest time I... waited for you to see the real me and realise you... wanted nothing to  do with it." As she talked, she continued busying herself, it seemed to both help and distract. "Lately I've started to see that the real me isn't just broken. Didn't just let people down. Isn't just the girl with the... the dead dragon." She glanced up, catching his eye and her expression softened, "With you, the firelizards.... even Panagath. You've all helped me to see so much about myself that is... better than I ever dreamed could be true."

Assembling the plate of cut and buttered bread and poured bowl of soup onto a tray, she brought it back to the couch, setting it on the low table amidst the glasses of wine. "You made me feel... strong again. And Panagath did. Lately I've been thinking about what I want from my life. For the first time... choices weren't made for me." Tyne glanced over her shoulder, catching his eye. Her expression was one of abject tenderness as she passed him a steaming bowl of the hearty soup. "And all I could think of was how much I wanted it to be you. Because whenever you're here I feel... complete again."

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 5:41 AM Laurie <Laurie.Lynne@...> wrote:
Hearing her say it back? It was the most wonderful thing that could have happened that day. The only thing that had ever happened to him that was better, was when Panagath chose him.

"I don't know why I waited so long to tell you. I think I was afraid I'd scare you. But then, I realized that it didn't matter. You needed to know." He tightened his arms around her. Maybe she looked fragile, but he knew now that she wasn't. Was nowhere near as fragile as she looked.

They sat like that for some time, then his stomach rumbled. Loudly.

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 4:16 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
As they took to the couch to gaze at the window to the Lake that sat right in front of them, the kiss was warm and genuine. For a moment that stood still in time, Tyne felt the world slow and blur around her the way it always did with R'zzon, swirling into a blend of colour and the heated swirl of emotion of everything good. Even as their lips parted, she remained pressed to him, her forehead against his own as her palms caressed the rough stubble on his jaw. Her ears rang as he spoke, threatening to drown out the rest of the world. There had been many small endearments between them, many soft gestures of affection. But for the first time, he had said that.

The swell of emotion in her chest threatened to rip her in two, a sensation of a rising wave that wanted to engulf her but... strangely... it was tempered with calm. The dark eyes that couldn't hide a secret if they tried found his own and they brimmed with a deep warmth. "R'zzon..." she breathed, "Shells... I think... I think I've been waiting for you to say it first. Just I knew. So I could be sure..." This time, she initiated the kiss and its intensity said far more than words. "... I love you too. I know I do. I... think I have for longer than I knew."

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 4:48 PM Laurie <Laurie.Lynne@...> wrote:
"I remember coming upon the two of you, talking. I remember being surprised. I don't remember anyone else around." He stepped back from the painting, also lost in the colors. "He captured both of you so...real. And...I love it."

Panagath stuck his head through the Weyr door from outside. {{I like it,}} he said, eyes whirling blue-green. {{I like it a lot.}}

R'zzon led Tyne back to the couch, where they could all look at it. He took his eyes off for a moment to kiss her deeply. "I love it. And I love you,}} he said.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 4:20 AM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
Leaving their dinner to simmer on the comandeered klah stove, Tyne had poured two glasses of wine, setting one on a low table for R'zzon and taking the other for herself to the couch as she curled up in the corner and waited. It had clearly delighted her to see the manner in which R'zzon pounced the package, pulling away the paper and strings that covered it. When it was finally uncovered, even she had momentarily been lost in a sea of colours, her dark brown eyes widening a little.

The canvas was reasonably large, approximately one yard square and what Fenlyn had captured wasn't what she had idly imagined could have been his choice from the sketches he had shown her. But at the same time... she wasn't surprised. And she remembered that moment. The whole piece was light, and colourful, projecting a feeling of deep intimacy and quiet calm. It was clearly the Lake but with a little artistic licence to play with the lighting in the background. And there, right in the middle was an image of herself captured in deep and animated conversation with Panagath. The blue's head was swung towards her, clearly paying attention to what was being said. There were no sombre undertones and even from the slight distance, as though captured through the eyes of a passerby, it was clear that Tyne was relaxed and lucid, even smiling slightly and whatever she was telling Panagath, she seemed enthusiastic and happy.

Getting quietly to her feet, Tyne slipped an arm around R'zzon's waist, feeling the warmth from his skin through his shirt as she pressed gently against his side. "I didn't know he'd picked that one," she said quietly, her eyes captured by the canvas. But she didn't seem remotely upset by that fact. Because she remembered that day. That moment. That conversation. And it was a good memory.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 3:29 AM Laurie <Laurie.Lynne@...> wrote:
Truth be told, R'zzon wanted to tear into the package that minute, but he did want to get cleaned up. "Let me go change first, then I'll open it," he said, kissing her on the forehead.

Several minutes later he came back and gleefully tore open the package. On the one hand he would have liked to savor the moment, but he could see the anticipation on Tyne's face, and the pleasure she got out of his eagerness.

Painting fully opened, he stepped back and stared at it. "Oh, Tyne," he said, his voice husky with emotion

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 5:45 AM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
As soon as the bluerider walked in, it was as though a light had been turned on inside Tyne. She seemed to glow from top to bottom and the huge smile touched her entire face. Even her eyes. Wiping her hands on the apron she was wearing, Tyne stepped lightly across the room and slid her hands behind her waist. He had the distinct aroma of someone who had just been working very hard in flight leathers and it was a familiar scent that over time, she had remembered was one she was allowed to like. Pressing her lips gently to his cheek, Tyne's eyes held a glimmer of mischief. "Present. You can open it after you wash up, dinner will take a little while yet. Or you could give in to curiosity and open it now." Part of her wanted to make him wait, another part wanted to see the canvas in the next second.

"Dinner" was nothing extravagant. But was going to be hearty and most importantly, comforting. She had comandeered R'zzon's klah stove into a makeshift oven on which a pot was bubbling. She had put together a soup with chunky vegetables and several different types of fish including smoked yellowfish, whitefish and some of the shelled curlfish that the kitchens had been happy to deskin and vein for her before she had collected. All served up in a creamy, flavourful broth that would be served with thickly buttered slices of bread made fresh that afternoon. No, nothing special. But was the sort of meal that just... seemed to make everything feel a bit better.

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020 at 9:57 PM Laurie <Laurie.Lynne@...> wrote:
Drills were over, and for a moment, R'zzon was disappointed. Drills were familiar. They were routine. Nothing bad happened during drills, rather, they were a constant that could be relied upon.

But, Tyne was going to be at his weyr tonight. She was welcome at any time, of course, but it made him happy to know she would be there. It was something he could easily get used to.

{{Me too,}} Panagath said brightly.

It was nice that she and his dragon got on so well. Weird, but nice. Pan had never taken to anyone else he'd slept with...

{{Because they weren't going to last,}} the blue said. He landed on his ledge and R'zzon unfastened their straps. He wanted nothing more than to go see Tyne, but he also was not about to leave the straps just laying about, or Panagath's ledge messy. No, that was how one ended up hurt, or dead. He remembered the tale during Weyrling classes of people who left their straps lying around, then getting their feet tangled up in them and falling to their deaths. It could have been a story made up by the Weyrlingmasters, but it didn't matter. If someone thought of it, it could happen.

Soon, but not soon enough for him he entered his weyr. "Mm, something smells good," he said, then stopped. "What's that?" he asked, nodding at the package.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 6:16 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
IC Date Reference: Set approximately 4-5 days post hatching. Approximately IC date 8.28.9.2.

She had actually received the parcel from Harper Fenlyn several days before the explosion that had rocked the Caverns. Initially there had been all sorts of ideas as to how to present it to the Bluerider but they had gone on the backburner as the dragons keened. Desperate to escape the clawing tension in her mind, Tyne had spent several days throwing herself into the final work that the firelizard clinic needed before it could be opened to the Weyr's denizens. It had been a much needed distraction.

When the Hatching had finally come, they had sat there in the middle of the night, watching the dark shadows on the dimly lit Sands as disaster after disaster seemed to ensue. And all it did was fulfill the prophecy in her mind that the twin golds were nothing more than an omen of ill portent. As the screams of the blood-covered Candidate had rung around the Caverns as the Healers half carried her down the tunnels, it had been hard to stop her thoughts ricocheting to the parallels that she tried to conjure up in her own memory. Ironically, it was the girl who stuck in her thoughts far more than the poor boy who was ripped to pieces in front of their eyes.

It was clear that the Hatching had affected her and Tyne had been quiet and sombre in the immediate aftermath. But as the churning emotions settled, Tyne had turned her thoughts back towards the good things she had in her life. And after days of what seemed like endless sorrow, it felt as though now was the perfect time.

She hadn't seen the finished piece herself but some preliminary sketches. The truth was, she couldn't wait to see it herself. She had every faith that what had been created would be something spectacular. So, Tyne had casually asked if R'zzon would like to have dinner at his weyr and if he would mind her letting herself in early whilst he was at wing drills so she could prepare it. Of course. part of that letting herself in early also involved carefully setting the large square package in the corner of his sitting area where the bluerider would spot it the moment he walked in. And as if there were nothing unusual going on, she had busied herself about with preparing their meal.

OoC: Hope you don't mind me setting this one up :)

Recluso#6042 on Discord

Recluso#6042 on Discord

Recluso#6042 on Discord

Recluso#6042 on Discord