Re: Hatching - Dark Riddles (Zosime/Xinspeth SA)

Jerzy Tobin

((Do you think those white-clad things know something?)) Tredamth asked. ((There are so many of them. Surely someone can tell us where to go and what to do.))

((Everyone knows something,)) said Xinspeth. ((Four legs walk down the hill. Six legs leave the hill behind. Yes?)) She had to find the one who knew the most. If she could have that advantage starting off, she would stay well ahead of the others…

Tredamth didn’t know much, but something was telling him that the white creatures knew something he didn’t. He strained until he was as tall as possible and looked over the group.

Suddenly his eyes settled on one particular thing in white. No, person. As Impression set in the word came to mind. ((Ronhim, come show me where to go!))

Xinspeth was concerned… perhaps concerned was not the best word. Worried? Afraid? She hated to think she was vulnerable to such things. But for a moment, it seemed Tredamth was going to pick the white-clad thing who knew the most. When he did not, she was relieved. She had to get there now. Quickly, before anyone else tried to claim hers.

Under the watchful eyes of their sires, the two Hatchlings finally found their lifemates. The riddle was solved.
Zosime had been standing in the middle of a fairly decent sized clump
of candidates, peering into the dim sands to see what, if anything,
was happening. Of course these babies just had to decide to hatch in
the middle of the night. She shifted from foot to foot both from
impatience as well as the heat from the sands. Impatience vanished
when the brown and green dragonets began heading in her group's
direction. She found herself standing up straighter, taking a small
step forward to get a better look at the green. She was a lovely,
light, very light shade of green, and she was...she was stopping in
front of Zosime?!

((Zosime, shall we make six legs of it?))

The melodious voice that filled her head was unlike anything Zosime
could have imagined. The presence filled every part of her, made her
feel whole in a way she had never known was possible. She found
herself brushing away tears as she knelt down to wrap gentle arms
around the green's neck.

"Oh, my dear, wonderful Xinspeth. We'll be wonderful together! Thank
you for finding me."

((Of course I would find you, my Zosime. You are the answer to my
most important riddle, after all.))

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146