Re: Camping Trip Greenflight!!: Into the Unknown ((Attn: Kinara/Arendelth, any chasers))

Rosiegirl

Kinara, well...being more Arendelth at this point, lifted her lips into a snarl as her gaze that had been watching the fleeing ‘rider’ was blocked by one of her suitors. And *then* he had the audacity to tell her *no*, that the fleeing ‘rider’ wasn’t hers...but he was her suitor...they were *all* hers. Hers to pick and choose the best of. So, as Bl’by stepped in her path, despite his soft but firm voice her hands curled up a little bit even as her lip did the same thing staring at him with possessive anger in her eyes. 

Arendelth, glancing back at the blue Traynth who’s counterpart on the ground was causing so many problems, watched the agile blue seeming to dance behind her keeping up with her many dashes and turns, her twirls and barrel rolls. She noticed that, pleased at the capability of this suitor to be a possible match for her, and so this time she didn’t growl at him in the air. 

But then Kinara/Arendelth lifted her chin and turned away from Bl’by to sway toward another rider stepping close to Lor’ci but not close enough for him to touch her quite yet. She drew his gaze with her movements, enjoying knowing he was watching her and wanting her just like his dragon counterpart was wanting Arendelth up in the sky. 

As the green suddenly had images of the sky and feelings of encouragement in her mind, Arendelth turned to Koetith and gave him a trill of happiness at his words and images. Arendelth watched as Koetith skillfully used a small shift in the wind to put him just that much closer, and still wanting to keep things going just a *little* longer the green put on a small burst of speed to keep distance between her and Koetith. 

When Get’ew spoke and drew her attention, Kinara/Arendelth left where she was standing by Lor’ci and drifted over toward the taller man, tilting her head to the side curiously at his words. She gave a pleased sound at his words before saying, sounding far away, “Well said, brown...Mine Needed, I Flew to Provide.” 

Pengith, with his wise response to her query, drew Arendelth’s attention and her admiration at his gracious answer. The brown had even said he *needed* her, needed her speed and her agility. Arendelth, quite pleased with his saying outright that he needed her, tilted her wings toward him so that she could better admire him. 

Kinara/Arendelth’s eyes glanced over Rena, teasingly walking over toward the other woman but continued to stay just out of reach with her movements that were slowly looking more and more fluid and less stilted. Her hands even drifted up once or twice to the buttons of her shirt as if tempted to undo a few of them, but then stopped just before her fingers could. 

And then her other wingmate drew her attention with his flowing words, his promise to defend her. And to let him command her. But *she* didn’t really want to lead...she wanted someone strong to lean on, to be her support...to be her friend, but she didn’t want to lead them. She was only a green, after all. But, his other words had painted a beautiful picture to the green and so she showed her appreciation with a rumble of pleasure. 

Arendelth was...getting tired. Flitting back and forth in the air, darting forward after letting one get close enough to think he stood a chance, then shooting to the side in a neat twist of her wings before diving with a small barrel roll only to spent time climbing up high again even though she sought out every warm thermal she could to boost her up higher. But even using every trick she knew, she could feel the weariness in her muscles beginning to tremble and she knew she’d have to pick soon from one of her suitors, those who hadn’t been left behind that is.

She was gravitating toward 3 specific blue dragons the most, her clutch brother or either of her wingmates as she was the most familiar with them. Arendelth flitted between them, studying their movements, their flying, seeing if any of them were abnormally tired. Trying to choose the *best* option for her and her lifemate, for what they needed tonight. Trying to outlast the burn in her muscles, she’d *just about* made her choice and banked her wings to head toward large and steady blue Trometh, when out of the corner of her eye she saw a *different* suitor, one the color of trees able to withstand windstorms and monsoons. Turning to look at brown Pengith, his impressive words fresh in her head, and suddenly in an agile twist of her wings that was...actually a bit painful as Arendelth jerked herself around, the glowing green headed straight toward Pengith with a simple {{You need me? And I accept you. Fly with me Pengith...be our steady shoulder, our rock...our tree in a storm.}} And the green embraced with the brown, tail twining with his.

Kinara/Arendelth, who’d been heading for D’vik at the same time her green had seemed to have made up her mind, reaching out a hand to her clutch-sibling...her weyrlinghood classmate. But, when Arendelth suddenly did that painful twist in the air a hiss of pain escaped Kinara’s lips as she flinched back...and then she froze as Arendelth twined her tail...not with Trometh but with...with a brown dragon instead. Turning, movements a bit more hesitant now than they had been before even though Arendelth had made her choice, Kinara/Arendelth turned her hazel gaze upon Get’ew. Without speaking she took the couple steps toward this unknown brownrider to put herself just within reach of him being able to embrace her slightly trembling small frame. Then, in a flash of Kinara breaking through so very briefly she pulled in a sudden breath and shot D’vik a glance over her shoulder as she nearly whispered the plea to her former classmate of “Please..stay too?”

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 10:52 AM Kouga <hanjikouga@...> wrote:
Koetith didn't like speaking, it worked for him and Lor'ci rather
well. His rider was not big on chatter unless it had to do with
keeping others safe and he was the same. {{Fly high, fly fast!}} he
encourage Arendelth offering his wingmate feelings of encouragement
and images of the sky. He had long ago realized that Firelizards had
the best way to talk, they offer words when they were not what was
needed. It was the feeling and the images those words provided that
was needed. He had long ago decided that he preferred to speak as
Gentinds did and it was what he did most times too. He felt a shift in
the winds, a slight breeze, and shifted himself to catch the turmal he
had felt. He was careful as ever to work with the lift provided
instead of against it knowing that it would help with just that flying
higher and faster.

Lor'ci shifted a bit where he stood with the other male's riders. This
was not how he had seen this day going by any means, but if it was how
it was to be then so be it. Though he would be remembering to add this
to his list of things that had happened while the candidates were on a
trip. Why did these trips alway seem to have such issues? It really
would be better to just not do them anymore he thought. Though the
problem is he also thought the candidate kind of needed these trips
too. It really was one of those things he would have to consider
later, when he could properly focus. Right now he didn't have enough
mind to focus on that. He was too focused on watching Kinara, too
focused on seeing Arendelth through Koetith's eyes, too focused on the
burn rushing through them both. That was taking too much of his focus
to bother with much else right now and for right now that is also what
he needed to stop thinking about it all so he finally let the last of
those thoughts drift away and glanced around at the other riders gaze
seeing but not seeing them even as Koetith offered a glance at the
other chasing males before focusing back on Arendelth.

--------

{{Of course lovely green one.}} Pengith agreed easily {{Leaders  me
and mine may be, but we can only lead if others are willing to follow.
The only way others will follow is if we are aware they are just as
great as we are. I am large yes, it does mean I can fly longer, but I
do not have your speed I can not turn as fast as you. That means that
I will always need you green one, and I would hope you would always
accept me in return.}} he offered in explanation. It was what he had
learned with his rider during their turns as a Wingsecond. Sure he had
seen it before, but now it was always a thought on his mind. He was
large, but that didn't make him better, he needed the smaller dragons
especially the little greens to keep him safe just as he did his best
to keep them all safe. They were all needed and all equal and he would
not hide that these were his thoughts on it.

Get'ew nodded his understanding of Kinara's words "Do not be sorry,
they do what they must to make sure we take care of ourselves." it
took a moment to come up with the words, but he knew them to be the
truth. Pengith wanted him to forget his job for just a bit and when
things threatened it the brown used what he could to enforce the
'order'. While he was sure if they hadn't come it wouldn't have been a
flight, he was sure there would have been something the brown would
have found. Still it wasn't that he minded a flight, it wasn't that he
minded giving himself to Pengith and flying, it was the look on
Kinara's face and his thoughts that his wing and wingleader may need
him that did it.

Still as the moments passed Kinara clearly was becoming less agitated
he let it pass through him as well. It really wouldn't do any good to
fight and all they could all do now go with things he supposed. So go
with things he would and he really didn't mind flights, but had a
feeling this one was going to not end up quite right one way or
another. Still if she needed protection, if she needed comfort, he
would do what he could for her.

----------------

Hobath offered a pleased rumble in return to his green wingmate {{I
will fly for you as long as I am able.}} he promised her wings working
hard to push him after Arendelth, to make sure he didn't lose her. He
had seen her fly and knew she was beautiful to watch in threadfall,
nearly as beautiful as she was now. {{Let the winds be your guide
beautiful green and show us how flying can be! My wings will always be
strong in defence and deference to you Atendelth! They are yours to
command.}} and for now as always he meant it. He didn't bother to
chase often, but when he did he gave his everything to it and to the
green. Though it certainly didn't hurt that this was his wingmate, a
green he already.

Rena found herself more able to relax and join Hobath despite
everything the more it looked like Kinara was actually relaxing. She
wasn't sure how well the other would cope once they weren't flying,
once they didn't have dragons to help distract them, but she reminded
herself again she had her kit just incase. It wouldn't have anything
for panicing or anything or the sort; but she had seen Kinara and
hoped that at the very least as a wingmate it could help if anything
went wrong because she really wasn't sure based on the other girl's
reaction if this was going to end up well after the fact.

Why did things like this keep happening? Not the flight of course, but
the attack on the hatching grounds. The worst part though was it
seemed to keep happening to Foreth and especially her gold eggs.

-----------------

V'jal had debated he had, and he could feel Zuhelth in the back of his
mind seeking the comfort he didn't know how to offer right now. His
mind was in too many places, there had been too much happen recently,
and he just had to let her be comforted by Pensherth for now. Right
now he needed comfort too and while he felt bad not turning to Cosi,
he knew the blue rider understood that sometimes he still needed to
try. He offered another glance at his weyrmate before he made his way
the last little bit to the other riders involved in the flight hoping
to try and catch someone once all was said and done.

ooc: yes 'Jal is playing moth just as an fyi if anyone wants to grab
him after the next post; same fer if anyone wants Rena though also fyi
probably gonna end up with her pregnant if someone does

*Kouga*

Join the Aywas fun - http://aywas.com/register.php?ref=768

"My personality is 30% the last anime I watched." - Tumblr
"Remind me never to get out our bad side. It seems to be ...
unhealthy." - Varric
"Death By Apple Pie a lovely poem by our friend Cole" - Dorian
On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 2:24 AM Rosiegirl <rosiegirl872@...> wrote:
>
> To Sixanth, Pengith, and then to Hobath’s comments to her, the green angled her wing slightly to shift toward each of the males in turn and give them a flirty little look over her wing, showing off the streak of paler green hide as she did so. Sixanth’s compliment along with his overconfident statement earned the young brown a snort of amusement at his presumption as she said to him {{Of course I will Fly high and strong. Love is not fragile nor is it just beautiful, and neither am I! However, it remains to be seen if you will be the one Flying with me at the end, the one who actually catches me, brash Sixanth. But compliments are never unappreciated when offered.}}
>
> Pengith, as she swing her head to examine the older brown who was so *very* large for a brown, earned him an appreciative look as he called out to her not with honeyed words and statements of catching her but instead of being ‘conquered’ his words were the idea that they could catch something together. Like equals, maybe? The green wondered if a brown that was so large could mean that. Rumbling in pleasure as she tilted a wing and swung slightly closer to him, giving the brown a little bit of hope, Arendelth queried the large brown with {{Do you mean catch the skies together, like equals, wise Pengilth?}}
>
> As Hobath called out to her, Arendelth turned her gaze on her Wingmate as she once again gave a tilt of her wings to angle herself slightly toward him. His complimenting her, not just on her beauty but also her skill in flying that this blue had actually had occasion to experience during Threadfall, the green gave a happy trill to the blue and responded back {{Striking Hobath, yes I will choose. Follow me, Fly with me, Show Yourself and me the strength in your wings to Fly to the end.}} And with that, Arendelth gave another flirty twist of her head at the blue before she darted away to tease another one of her suitors.
>
>
> The green glanced back, examining those who remained silent as she remembered a saying from her person...that it was the quiet ones you had to watch out for. She noticed the skill with which Panteranth was flying, the dappled look along his wings and side, his overall sleek look as he flew and with her own small and slender size she considered how well matched they would look. But then she turned to examine another potential mate, willing to bide her time and see if the sleek blue would be able to last with her.
>
>
> As more riders joined the quartet already gathered close to her, and more dragons followed Arendelth’s green glowing form higher as she used any advantage she could to keep the distance between her and those following behind, Kinara kept her arms wrapped protectively around her as she moved around the area nervously and also keeping the riders at a distance. In the back of her mind, Kinara recognized a couple of her Wingmates joining those around her and there was a breath released in a rush as if she might just be able to relax now that she knew some of the riders around her more. But in the forefront of her mind was the need to keep them at bay, to keep out of reach, and that’s what she did. To Get’ew’s apology, Kinara gave a shake of her head saying back “No...no I’m sorry, for *her* doing this.”
>
>
> When K’sway, who she’d been sharp with as he’d gotten too close, and the other riders kept their distance and gave her space, just as their dragons up in the air continued to follow hers, Kinara’s quick and flustered breathing slowed down just a bit as she began to rub her palms against her upper arms as if trying to smooth out the shivers of desire she was feeling from her green that made her tremble just a bit as she watched the gathered riders with wary eyes. But she could feel more of Arendelth overriding her wariness, her panic, just a bit more as Kinara’s breathing stabilized at the arrival of a couple of her Wingmates. They protected her during Fall, so surely they would protect her here, if needed.
>
>
> With a bit more of Arendelth’s thoughts flowing into her, Kinara’s hazel eyes turned to the ‘rider’ Bl’by had previously snapped atas he spoke, registering his words but not understanding why he looked shocked...Surely his dragon had *told* him that he was chasing Arendelth, right? Why else would he be gathered with the rest of the potential suitors. And when he began backing away, not quite catching Tolfast’s words to Bl’by, and Arendelth realized someone was *leaving*, there was a surge of feelings from Arendelth of hurt and...and *outrage* that it seemed one of her suitors didn’t actually want her, hurt and outrage that was echoed on Kinara’s face as she stared at Tolfast. The Flying green gave a roar of outrage high up in the air, turning to look over her shoulder, to see if she could see one of *her* males dropping away so quickly from following her, but it didn’t look like any of them were...which confused the green just as much as her rider down on the ground.
>
>
> And then Bl’by, whose lifemate had been the first to follow after Arendelth, the first to present himself to Kinara and try to comfort her, put a *hand* on the abandoner’s shoulder...all Kinara saw through the filter of her dragon was that one of *her* suitors was...was either running off another one, or...or the lusty green didn’t *know* what, but all she knew was that through her person’s eyes it looked as if *she* was not the focus anymore. Arendelth, Flying high up in the air, should be the center of all her suitors attention, no one else...and the hand on someone else’s shoulder was a step too far for the green.
>
> And so, just as Arendelth swung her head around to pin Traynth with a small growl, making sure the blue was still focused on her, that same soft, low growl echoed out of Kinara’s throat before she knew what was happening and there was a flash of...of possessiveness in her gaze as she watched Bl’by’s hand on Tolfast’s shoulder. As far as Arendelth was concerned, until *she* chose who she wanted, they were *all* hers and should focus only on her. And then...and then the ‘rider’ who was taking one of her suitor’s attention fled, and Kinara’s still red-rimmed eyes watched him as he left, but they were less wary than before with the possessive feelings she’d received from Arendelth.
>
>
> Kinara, still just barely hanging on to herself, felt...more than a bit unsettled by the fierce possessive feeling she was getting from Arendelth and gave a brisk shake of her head as she rubbed at her face a moment. But, as she realized that moment of distraction could be the moment any one of those gathered could get to close Kinara’s head came abruptly back up to watch them all carefully. Now, however, her arms were no longer crossed in front of her but loose at her sides and her movements to keep the riders at bay which had looked much like a skittish runner were...not *quite* that anymore. Now, the movements were a bit smoother, a bit...just a little bit more teasing, as if they were heading toward sultry the more Kinara let herself connect with Arendelth.
>
>
> She no longer looked or sounded quite so distressed as she was no longer murmuring apologies as riders gathered...but she didn’t quite look happy yet. More...more like she was calming down enough to be resigned to the early Flight, and whatever panic she might feel later for not getting a chance to be mentally prepared due to Arendelth just...just Flying when she shouldn't have...well, come what may. It’s not like she could stop whatever potential flashback reaction she might have...not at this point, not if all the preparation she’d done before and her past Flight experiences hadn’t helped her get to the point where it wouldn’t happen. She...she hoped it wouldn’t, but..at this point there was no help for it if it did and she would just have to cope.
>
>
> Up in the air, as Arendelth finished getting Traynth’s attention with her small growl, when she did a smooth barrel roll in the other direction, glancing back only once to see if Traynth was still following her, she caught sight of a familiar blue in her chasers. Swinging her head toward Trometh, giving a happy rumble, the green responded with {{Brother Trometh, I need you...I need all of you, right now, just as mine needs all of yours for comfort from the sad. But soon...soon we’ll only need one. Until then, we need you all.}}
>
>
> As another rider moved to join them, as if arriving specifically to fill the spot of the ‘rider’ who had fled earlier, all Kinara registered at first was a tanned, bare chest...a *very handsomely muscular* bared chest at that...and her breath caught in her throat at the sight. And then his voice, sounding just that touch growly as he spoke her name, had Kinara swallowing hard before she looked up from that chest...and up...and up. He should have been intimidating, would have been approaching her like this, if she hadn’t let more of Arendelth take over. She had just enough of her to recognize that the bluerider was one of the FeastCrashers, one of her class, and Kinara let out one more apology, one that was even more heartfelt than the others had been despite his reassurances, and stammered out “D’vik...oh..oh Shells...that’s right, you’re here too! I’m, oh gosh, I’m really sorry!”
>
>
> But, even as she stammered out her apology and she noticed that he kept himself just as distant from her as the rest of the riders that she’d warned back, she couldn’t help that her gaze dropped back to his bare chest for a long moment before her eyes shifted to the other riders. Her red-rimmed hazel eyes, her cheeks flushed, her hands loose by her side revealing her bra-bandless chest as it rose and fell under her shirt. And, just as Arendelth began flowing through the air almost teasing each of her chasers, Kinara’s gaze turned teasing toward the riders surrounding her as she gave up the fight and let her green take over the last of the resistance she felt. She even began to sway not away but slightly closer to one rider after another...just as Arendelth wasn’t sure of her choice yet...
>
>
>
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 9:15 PM Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
>>
>> Now Trometh, well he wasn't one that chased all the time. Something D'vik had always been a little relieved about. But this time, sensing the distress of his clutch mate. Trometh felt he must do what he was charged with and protect her from others, and possibly from herself. Within seconds of her launch, the large blue was in the air. He didn't waste much time in, what were to him pointless flatteries. He eyed the other chasers, and dismissed the other blues out of hand. He knew he was larger and had more stamina than they did. The brown got a good long look, but was ignored a moment later.
>>
>> He simply wasn't important, only Arendelth was important. He flew as fast, and close as he dared. Saying to her simply.
>>
>> (( I am here for you sister, if you need me.))
>>
>> He was wasted on pointless flattery, but he was there for her nonetheless. He'd make no pretty speeches, he didn't need to. He was there, that's what mattered.
>>
>> D'vik barely had a moment to register that something was Happening before Trometh was gone, he reached out to the large blue, and got the simple answer of ((I chase.))
>>
>> D'vik was a man who rarely cursed, but this time, the unexpected brought it out of him. "Shards." He threw his shirt, which he'd just removed down on his bed, where Bubu, his baby wher immediately curled up with it. Turning to his flits, he devoutly hoped that Elon was up to watching both Fabio and the wher, at least for a while.
>>
>> "All of you, Stay Here." Then he left his tent and joined the knot of people. Hearing Kinara's pleas and hurried explanations, his heart hurt for her, and being the protective type that he was, D'vik tried his best to angle his body close to hers but not in a way that would be intimidating. He knew from their weyrling days that she was a shy one.
>>
>> "It's alright Kinara." D'vik ground out, his voice a bit more growly than was normal for him.
>> --
>>
>> Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka (Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)
>
>

Join main@arolosweyr.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.