Re: Camping Trip Greenflight!!: Into the Unknown ((Attn: Kinara/Arendelth, any chasers))

Rosiegirl

Kinara, well...being more Arendelth at this point, lifted her lips into a snarl as her gaze that had been watching the fleeing ‘rider’ was blocked by one of her suitors. And *then* he had the audacity to tell her *no*, that the fleeing ‘rider’ wasn’t hers...but he was her suitor...they were *all* hers. Hers to pick and choose the best of. So, as Bl’by stepped in her path, despite his soft but firm voice her hands curled up a little bit even as her lip did the same thing staring at him with possessive anger in her eyes.

Arendelth, glancing back at the blue Traynth who’s counterpart on the ground was causing so many problems, watched the agile blue seeming to dance behind her keeping up with her many dashes and turns, her twirls and barrel rolls. She noticed that, pleased at the capability of this suitor to be a possible match for her, and so this time she didn’t growl at him in the air.

But then Kinara/Arendelth lifted her chin and turned away from Bl’by to sway toward another rider stepping close to Lor’ci but not close enough for him to touch her quite yet. She drew his gaze with her movements, enjoying knowing he was watching her and wanting her just like his dragon counterpart was wanting Arendelth up in the sky.

As the green suddenly had images of the sky and feelings of encouragement in her mind, Arendelth turned to Koetith and gave him a trill of happiness at his words and images. Arendelth watched as Koetith skillfully used a small shift in the wind to put him just that much closer, and still wanting to keep things going just a *little* longer the green put on a small burst of speed to keep distance between her and Koetith.

When Get’ew spoke and drew her attention, Kinara/Arendelth left where she was standing by Lor’ci and drifted over toward the taller man, tilting her head to the side curiously at his words. She gave a pleased sound at his words before saying, sounding far away, “Well said, brown...Mine Needed, I Flew to Provide.”

Pengith, with his wise response to her query, drew Arendelth’s attention and her admiration at his gracious answer. The brown had even said he *needed* her, needed her speed and her agility. Arendelth, quite pleased with his saying outright that he needed her, tilted her wings toward him so that she could better admire him.

Kinara/Arendelth’s eyes glanced over Rena, teasingly walking over toward the other woman but continued to stay just out of reach with her movements that were slowly looking more and more fluid and less stilted. Her hands even drifted up once or twice to the buttons of her shirt as if tempted to undo a few of them, but then stopped just before her fingers could.

And then her other wingmate drew her attention with his flowing words, his promise to defend her. And to let him command her. But *she* didn’t really want to lead...she wanted someone strong to lean on, to be her support...to be her friend, but she didn’t want to lead them. She was only a green, after all. But, his other words had painted a beautiful picture to the green and so she showed her appreciation with a rumble of pleasure.

Arendelth was...getting tired. Flitting back and forth in the air, darting forward after letting one get close enough to think he stood a chance, then shooting to the side in a neat twist of her wings before diving with a small barrel roll only to spent time climbing up high again even though she sought out every warm thermal she could to boost her up higher. But even using every trick she knew, she could feel the weariness in her muscles beginning to tremble and she knew she’d have to pick soon from one of her suitors, those who hadn’t been left behind that is.

She was gravitating toward 3 specific blue dragons the most, her clutch brother or either of her wingmates as she was the most familiar with them. Arendelth flitted between them, studying their movements, their flying, seeing if any of them were abnormally tired. Trying to choose the *best* option for her and her lifemate, for what they needed tonight. Trying to outlast the burn in her muscles, she’d *just about* made her choice and banked her wings to head toward large and steady blue Trometh, when out of the corner of her eye she saw a *different* suitor, one the color of trees able to withstand windstorms and monsoons. Turning to look at brown Pengith, his impressive words fresh in her head, and suddenly in an agile twist of her wings that was...actually a bit painful as Arendelth jerked herself around, the glowing green headed straight toward Pengith with a simple {{You need me? And I accept you. Fly with me Pengith...be our steady shoulder, our rock...our tree in a storm.}} And the green embraced with the brown, tail twining with his.

Kinara/Arendelth, who’d been heading for D’vik at the same time her green had seemed to have made up her mind, reaching out a hand to her clutch-sibling...her weyrlinghood classmate. But, when Arendelth suddenly did that painful twist in the air a hiss of pain escaped Kinara’s lips as she flinched back...and then she froze as Arendelth twined her tail...not with Trometh but with...with a brown dragon instead. Turning, movements a bit more hesitant now than they had been before even though Arendelth had made her choice, Kinara/Arendelth turned her hazel gaze upon Get’ew. Without speaking she took the couple steps toward this unknown brownrider to put herself just within reach of him being able to embrace her slightly trembling small frame. Then, in a flash of Kinara breaking through so very briefly she pulled in a sudden breath and shot D’vik a glance over her shoulder as she nearly whispered the plea to her former classmate of “Please..stay too?”

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 10:52 AM Kouga <hanjikouga@...> wrote:
Koetith didn't like speaking, it worked for him and Lor'ci rather
well. His rider was not big on chatter unless it had to do with
keeping others safe and he was the same. {{Fly high, fly fast!}} he
encourage Arendelth offering his wingmate feelings of encouragement
and images of the sky. He had long ago realized that Firelizards had
the best way to talk, they offer words when they were not what was
needed. It was the feeling and the images those words provided that
was needed. He had long ago decided that he preferred to speak as
Gentinds did and it was what he did most times too. He felt a shift in
the winds, a slight breeze, and shifted himself to catch the turmal he
had felt. He was careful as ever to work with the lift provided
instead of against it knowing that it would help with just that flying
higher and faster.

Lor'ci shifted a bit where he stood with the other male's riders. This
was not how he had seen this day going by any means, but if it was how
it was to be then so be it. Though he would be remembering to add this
to his list of things that had happened while the candidates were on a
trip. Why did these trips alway seem to have such issues? It really
would be better to just not do them anymore he thought. Though the
problem is he also thought the candidate kind of needed these trips
too. It really was one of those things he would have to consider
later, when he could properly focus. Right now he didn't have enough
mind to focus on that. He was too focused on watching Kinara, too
focused on seeing Arendelth through Koetith's eyes, too focused on the
burn rushing through them both. That was taking too much of his focus
to bother with much else right now and for right now that is also what
he needed to stop thinking about it all so he finally let the last of
those thoughts drift away and glanced around at the other riders gaze
seeing but not seeing them even as Koetith offered a glance at the
other chasing males before focusing back on Arendelth.

--------

{{Of course lovely green one.}} Pengith agreed easily {{Leaders  me
and mine may be, but we can only lead if others are willing to follow.
The only way others will follow is if we are aware they are just as
great as we are. I am large yes, it does mean I can fly longer, but I
do not have your speed I can not turn as fast as you. That means that
I will always need you green one, and I would hope you would always
accept me in return.}} he offered in explanation. It was what he had
learned with his rider during their turns as a Wingsecond. Sure he had
seen it before, but now it was always a thought on his mind. He was
large, but that didn't make him better, he needed the smaller dragons
especially the little greens to keep him safe just as he did his best
to keep them all safe. They were all needed and all equal and he would
not hide that these were his thoughts on it.

Get'ew nodded his understanding of Kinara's words "Do not be sorry,
they do what they must to make sure we take care of ourselves." it
took a moment to come up with the words, but he knew them to be the
truth. Pengith wanted him to forget his job for just a bit and when
things threatened it the brown used what he could to enforce the
'order'. While he was sure if they hadn't come it wouldn't have been a
flight, he was sure there would have been something the brown would
have found. Still it wasn't that he minded a flight, it wasn't that he
minded giving himself to Pengith and flying, it was the look on
Kinara's face and his thoughts that his wing and wingleader may need
him that did it.

Still as the moments passed Kinara clearly was becoming less agitated
he let it pass through him as well. It really wouldn't do any good to
fight and all they could all do now go with things he supposed. So go
with things he would and he really didn't mind flights, but had a
feeling this one was going to not end up quite right one way or
another. Still if she needed protection, if she needed comfort, he
would do what he could for her.

----------------

Hobath offered a pleased rumble in return to his green wingmate {{I
will fly for you as long as I am able.}} he promised her wings working
hard to push him after Arendelth, to make sure he didn't lose her. He
had seen her fly and knew she was beautiful to watch in threadfall,
nearly as beautiful as she was now. {{Let the winds be your guide
beautiful green and show us how flying can be! My wings will always be
strong in defence and deference to you Atendelth! They are yours to
command.}} and for now as always he meant it. He didn't bother to
chase often, but when he did he gave his everything to it and to the
green. Though it certainly didn't hurt that this was his wingmate, a
green he already.

Rena found herself more able to relax and join Hobath despite
everything the more it looked like Kinara was actually relaxing. She
wasn't sure how well the other would cope once they weren't flying,
once they didn't have dragons to help distract them, but she reminded
herself again she had her kit just incase. It wouldn't have anything
for panicing or anything or the sort; but she had seen Kinara and
hoped that at the very least as a wingmate it could help if anything
went wrong because she really wasn't sure based on the other girl's
reaction if this was going to end up well after the fact.

Why did things like this keep happening? Not the flight of course, but
the attack on the hatching grounds. The worst part though was it
seemed to keep happening to Foreth and especially her gold eggs.

-----------------

V'jal had debated he had, and he could feel Zuhelth in the back of his
mind seeking the comfort he didn't know how to offer right now. His
mind was in too many places, there had been too much happen recently,
and he just had to let her be comforted by Pensherth for now. Right
now he needed comfort too and while he felt bad not turning to Cosi,
he knew the blue rider understood that sometimes he still needed to
try. He offered another glance at his weyrmate before he made his way
the last little bit to the other riders involved in the flight hoping
to try and catch someone once all was said and done.

ooc: yes 'Jal is playing moth just as an fyi if anyone wants to grab
him after the next post; same fer if anyone wants Rena though also fyi
probably gonna end up with her pregnant if someone does

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric