Re: Camping Trip Greenflight!!: Into the Unknown ((Attn: Kinara/Arendelth, any chasers))

This was all very unsettling. If the situation wasn't safe for him, how could it be safe for the sobbing woman involved? The internal struggle played out across his face even as Bl'by conveyed the urgency of the circumstances. The hand on his shoulder settled it, and he nodded at the other man with one last glance at Kinara. It rankled to leave her behind, but this was clearly some traditional rider complexity that he just wouldn't understand.

"Well, shells," he answered full of skepticism, but granting Bl'by the benefit of the doubt, he wouldn't object further. "You're goin' to explain this to me later in a way that won't make me feel so sick to my stomach turnin' my back here, I hope." The frown he wore made clear how desperately his conscience needed this. He did, however, then step hastily away from the assembled group headed back toward the main camp with only a few furtive looks over his shoulder. Shards, this didn't sit well.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 1:57 AM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
Difficult for Bl'by to make a fair estimation; flight lust had a way of changing how you saw things. Right now the woman in front of him (who was distressed, who at any other time he would step back from and stop to help) was being seen through the filter of a blue who was delightedly certain her green was teasing him and just staying that little bit out of reach for the play of it. Desire and dragon-want over-wrote much of what might be his usual concern; there was no need to be concerned, he knew that he and Traynth were gentle, Traynth was certain (always certain, every flight) that he would win, therefore he would be able to soothe that distress away and it would be fine.

But one thing wasn't being seen through that flight filter and that was Tolfast; resolutely human and far more vulnerable than he knew stood in a circle of flightlusty riders. Bl'by cursed quietly and made the effort to drag his mind away from his dragon's as he stepped towards him.

"You don't want to stay here." That was firm but gentler than his first warning, even if the hand he set on Tolfast's shoulder might be a mistake right now. Touch mid-flight had a way of inflaming certain desires even when it was usually a safe area. "Not safe for you." Never mind the woman, her green might well overwrite how she felt about the situation given a few more moments. Tolfast was unlikely to benefit from a similar effect.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 10:29 AM Ariel Rogers <ariel.aurora.rogers@...> wrote:
Hearing the abnormally sharp tone from Bl'by, Tolfast fixed him with a frown and a furrow of his brows. He knew the other man to be so soft-spoken and diminutive, the way he snapped gave the beastcrafter pause. "Leave? But I just.. got..." His voice trailed off, protests forgotten in the wind as Kinara herself began to address him.

Oh, did she ever look distraught. Had she not been very specific about warding them away from herself, about not letting anyone near, he would have felt compelled to put himself between them. Her explanation reached his ears and the key word finally made it through. "Oh! Oh, this is one of-- oh, shells." Color rivaling redfruit suffused his face as realization struck, his eyes wide when they next swept over the other men there. Though he lacked any real understanding of the process, he had *heard of Flights*, even if he had never truly experienced one himself.

Stepping backwards once automatically, the urge to help a woman in distress warred with the command he'd been given to exit. "Are.. are you sure? She'll be alright?" He asked Bl'by, the only one he truly trusted among the group. "This feels all sorts of wrong."

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020, 7:36 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
((Not *yet*!)) Sixanth snapped at his rider, the brown holding his own, ignoring the sudden influx of late chasers as much as he did the other ones, except to snort his disdain. Why should any of them have bothered, if they couldn't be respectful enough to be on time? ((Wondrous Arendelth, beautiful Arendelth, I will be here to catch you!))

Panterath kept flapping, steadily, though the blue was working with the wind, saving his strength by gliding and catching every thermal he could. Soon enough he would act, and not before.

P'xian took a step back, though he didn't cede his position, only gave Kinara more space.