Re: Is it ok to be happy and sad and mad? {Fellan, E'lis}

Kouga

E'lis did not hide the sympathy on his face. His eyes even misted. He understood, or at least, he could try to understand where his son was coming from.
::Feelings are complex things,:: he signed. ::Sometimes we feel lots
of different things at the same time, and it doesn't mean there's
anything wrong with you. It's not your fault that the eggs didn't
hatch. It was the earthquake. I know you want to be out there Standing
with the others. And if I made the rules, I would give you the chance.
But I don't... I'm sorry.::<<

::I know PapaE'lis. I know you and PapaD'lan and all my Mamas would
let me be out there. I just don't understand why they won't. I can
hear Luna, Hobath, Ravid, and all the others just fine and they can
hear me if they want to. I can even talk to Sharp and Strom just fine
and I make sure they get lots of training. Why does it matter that I
can't hear you or use my voice to talk to you? I know it is harder,
but why does it matter that much?:: Fellan didn't actually expect an
answer, wasn't even sure he wanted one, more just it had been alot and
he was upset in way he couldn't even begin to explain or maybe even
understand. For now it had to be enough that E'lis said it was ok to
be feeling lots of things ::Can I have that hug now?:: he asked after
a pause.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric