Re: Testing Bonds (ATTN: Trifali/Andreya)

Jessica Freise

"I want to hear," came the simple response, "but I also want youto know that from the news trickling down the grapevine, I'm a little unsure how I feel about you...well...not seeing the eggs."

This wasn't coming out right, Trifali felt. Collecting herself, she straightened in her seat.

"I'd like you to go first. Then maybe my explanation on why I'm here and feeling the way I feel will make more sense."

On Aug 19, 2020, at 10:15 PM, Rosiegirl <rosiegirl872@...> wrote:

Andreya was looking down at the table moving her study materials, she really needed to do better about not spreading out and taking up so much space, so she didn't see the nervous look cross Trifali's face, a look that was similar to the nerves knotting up Andreya's own stomach a bit.

When Trifali sat down, Andreya stilled her hands and finally looked up at her sister, a look of worry and apprehension on her own face for the upcoming conversation. When Trifali finished, Andreya was quick to nod her head saying reassuringly "Of course I want to listen! And please, you don't need to apologize. I was concerned that I upset you, when I didn't join you in the Stands to see the eggs, but I...well, I suppose I wasn't sure if you needed time to think about things to approach me, or if I should approach you first. The downside of...well, not growing up together to know how each of us *wants* to be approached when we are upset."

As Andreya's words caught up with her thoughts, her eyes widened and she quickly reassured Trifali with "Oh! I didn't mean that as if *I* was upset. I'm not at all! Oh Shells, I'm not saying this right at all." As she finished there Andreya looked distinctly embarrassed and more than a little tongue-tied, which was an unusual experience for the Harper-candidate...But this *was* also the first time she'd talked with her sister when she knew Trifali was upset and didn't want to mess this up.

Taking a breath to recollect herself, Andreya finished with "Yes. Yes, I want to hear your thoughts...And, I know you'd already walked into the Stands before I explained to Kassia, but if you'd like and want to hear I don't mind explaining why I declined."

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 5:40 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
Trifali licked her lips, suddenly and inexplicably nervous. She had a right to feel this way, didn't she?

"I'm sorry I haven't seen you since we saw the eggs," she began as she took a seat. "I wasn't sure what... *How*... to say what I felt...feel. Faranth's egg, I'm still not sure, but I know that it's a disservice to you that I don't explain. If...if you want to listen."

On Aug 19, 2020, at 4:20 PM, Rosiegirl <rosiegirl872@...> wrote:

Andreya was, as usual, in her place in one of the study rooms, her head bent over some hides studying with Ellysetta laying across her legs and Colzar perched on the back of her chair. At the quiet question spoken in a familiar voice, Andreya's head came up to meet her sister's eyes, taking in her grave face. Straightening slowly even as she nodded, Andreya replied without sounding hesitant "Of course, Trifali."

With that, she looked down at her table and began to shift things so that there was space for Trifali to sit down. But as she moved, her mind was racing at the possible reason why Trifali would look so grave assuming it would have something to do with when Kassia had invited them to see the eggs and she'd declined...as Trifali had not spoken to her since that day.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 6:51 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
The day after her talk with T'rif, Trifali sought out Andreya. She was not one to hide her emotions, not if she'd previously shared them. It was because of this that she knew her face looked grave when she caught up to her sister and said quietly, "Can we talk?"