Re: One Of These Things Is Not Like The Others ((Attn: Namieh, Kassia, Any Boys))

Laura Walker

When you saw dragons in the distance - or even close up - they looked like giant friendly mountains. Garatt had almost forgotten how terrifying they might be if they really decided to put their mind to it.

His initial scream had escaped when it had looked as though the giant brown dragon had been going to eat someone. And then the gold too had lashed out and the other boy had just been batted away like nothing at all and the brown was still holding the other boy as though he might reserve him for a later snack and and and--

Suddenly seeing eggs didn't seem so much like a fun trip out any more. Breakfast came rushing back up and Garatt tottered a few steps away to vomit at the side of the Sands, abruptly wanting to be anywhere but right here, right now.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 12:49 PM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
And the struggling earned him a growl, meaty breath sweeping over him and Talith's teeth tightening slightly around his body. Not enough to injure - Talith knew very well just how little it took to break the delicate skin of a human - but enough to add slight uncomfortable pressure against the boy's skin. He had no intention of this one escaping.

((We caught them,)) he said to R'tal, to Foreth and to Truenoth. ((But are there more?))

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 12:41 PM Jenna Cunningham <jenna.layne.cunningham@...> wrote:
When the brown dragon reared up and bared his teeth, Asheran felt his blood run cold while the primitive monkey parts of his brain shrieked in mindless terror. His legs kept pumping, though, and he kept moving forward; in fact, he put on a last, desperate burst of speed. He had to reach the boy before he was eaten, or bit in half. Stupid, stupid, idiot baby.

Then the dragon was coming toward him and he threw up his hands in a futile gambit to protect his face - and found himself lifted into the air, held in the dragon's mouth. He twisted, struggling instinctively against those gentle teeth, and let out an impotent bellow. He found himself scanning the sands, watching for the boy he had been chasing, as he fought mid-air, thinking: no, no, no, no.

There! He could still get to him, someone had to get to the other candidate before he got himself hurt --

Then there was the hit.

Asheran went limp in Talith's mouth, as if he'd been struck too.

"Shit!"

He said other things, too, none of which bore repeating.