Re: So, I Have An Idea... Att: R'tal/N'yx

Laura Walker

> "Hm." R'tal looked at him for a moment, considering. "Well, there's watch-riding, though that's hardly scintillating for a rider of working age, I know. We might try you on sweeps once you get comfortable with what you're doing; it gets you doing actual work without the urgency of what happens if you need to take an extra minute or two. Or, in the meantime there's-- hang on." He turned to look for the paper he wanted. Fortunately, thanks to Margana, it was easy to find. "Here we go. Candidate trip happening in a couple of sevendays. They wanted riders to accompany."

N'yx listened as R'tal listed off the two jobs he'd been expecting to
hear.  If he'd had an immediate choice, he'd have gone for sweep
riding.  At least then there would be things to do, even if it was
just flying over the area.  Watch-riding was, most of the time, boring
as all get out, and not much better than make-work.  Even if, that
little voice whispered in the back of his mind, that might be all he'd
be fit for any more.

"A candidate trip, Sir?" N'yx asked, interest piqued immediately.
"What sort of trip?"

"Oh, just something crafted to give the rest of the Weyr a bit of peace." R'tal grinned. "It's not too exciting but you could view it as a bit of holiday perhaps, and a chance to get used to the heat. You take the kids out - we need enough dragons to get them out there - and then help out where needed, whether that's by keeping an eye to make sure they don't do anything utterly stupid or running them back to the Infirmary if needed."