Re: So, I Have An Idea... Att: R'tal/N'yx

Jerzy Tobin

"Hm." R'tal looked at him for a moment, considering. "Well, there's watch-riding, though that's hardly scintillating for a rider of working age, I know. We might try you on sweeps once you get comfortable with what you're doing; it gets you doing actual work without the urgency of what happens if you need to take an extra minute or two. Or, in the meantime there's-- hang on." He turned to look for the paper he wanted. Fortunately, thanks to Margana, it was easy to find. "Here we go. Candidate trip happening in a couple of sevendays. They wanted riders to accompany."
N'yx listened as R'tal listed off the two jobs he'd been expecting to
hear. If he'd had an immediate choice, he'd have gone for sweep
riding. At least then there would be things to do, even if it was
just flying over the area. Watch-riding was, most of the time, boring
as all get out, and not much better than make-work. Even if, that
little voice whispered in the back of his mind, that might be all he'd
be fit for any more.

"A candidate trip, Sir?" N'yx asked, interest piqued immediately.
"What sort of trip?"

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146