Re: So, I Have An Idea... Att: R'tal/N'yx

Laura Walker

Well, that was fair.  And there was plenty of time to figure out that
bridge when they came to it.  N'yx wasn't ready to give up on the hope
of returning to fight Thread, if not soon, then at least someday down
the line.

"The healers seem to think I'm doing a lot better than when I first
came," N'yx answered.  "Seems your southern sun does wonders for
problems brought on by too much cold.  They said I could be out and
about, so long as I didn't push things too fast.  But, I'm at loose
ends as to what I could be doing."

"Hm." R'tal looked at him for a moment, considering. "Well, there's watch-riding, though that's hardly scintillating for a rider of working age, I know. We might try you on sweeps once you get comfortable with what you're doing; it gets you doing actual work without the urgency of what happens if you need to take an extra minute or two. Or, in the meantime there's-- hang on." He turned to look for the paper he wanted. Fortunately, thanks to Margana, it was easy to find. "Here we go. Candidate trip happening in a couple of sevendays. They wanted riders to accompany."