Re: Golden Gifts or Twin Troubles? ((Attn: Calyse, Heersofali, Ozfini, Yeha, Miacca))

Jerzy Tobin

"I mean, isn't that true for any Rider, no matter what color dragon they've Impressed? At least starting out when the dragons haven't learned their limits. Don't Golds just take it to a more extreme level and don't tone it down as they grow up?" Miacca glanced toward Yeha, to see if she'd have an answer to that.
"Oh, there's definitely truth to that," Yeha answered, seeing the
glance her way. "Granted, all dragons are different, but there are
plenty that are strong-willed, and it's up to the rider to keep them
in line. There's a reason that the Weyrlingmaster and the assistants
and their dragons keep such a close eye on the new pairs. Impression
anxiety is a very real thing, and a very dangerous thing, and you can
lose Weyrlings to it because the human half panicked, or lost control,
and cause their dragons to panic and go Between. That's why, once you
Impress, you are watched very, very closely for even the slightest
sign of trouble, to help those pairs out. I'm sure that Weyrwoman
Kassia will be able to better answer what a weyrling gold would be
like, when she delivers her lecture. For all that I have a dragon, a
blue is not a gold, and there are some things I can't actually give
true insight to."

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146