Re: Party: Pardon My Clumsiness attn Miacca / Ronhim

Mya L. R.

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 7:40 AM kepheren <kepheren@...> wrote:
She didn't seem offended by his bumping her which relieved the big fellow a great deal. It also made him a bit self conscious though. He wasn't the sort of person most folks talked to. No, from his experience he was generally treated more like the furniture:  quiet and off in a corner till somebody needed something lifted out of the way. His Harper friend had been trying to teach Ronhim to be more out going and sociable but the lessons weren't coming easy to him.

"I'm glad I didn't hurt you," he said in a quiet tone raising his eyes to look at her and almost immediately blushing. She really was very pretty and that fact flustered him even more and made it harder to find the words he wanted. "I'm kind of clumsy some times."

He gave her a bit of a timid smile when she said her name.

"Miacca. It's a very pretty name."

He really did seem to fixate on making sure he'd not hurt her.  "I am *fine*.  More than fine actually."  A pleasant smile spread across her face as those words left her mouth.  "I'm more surprised that it took so long to have someone to bump into me.  Running into someone in this crowd is pretty much as expected as...wrinkled faces over Numbweed."  Miacca paused, considering the analogy she just used, and couldn't help the small giggle that escaped from her.

Her smile widened as he managed to get out the compliment about her name.  It'd seemed like he wasn't comfortable around her, what with the seeming effort  on his part to make himself actually look toward her.  But, the timid smile left her viewing that more like a puppy that thought he wasn't doing enough to impress someone.  "It's sweet that you think so."  Miacca laid her hand against his arm in a more reassuring gesture than her earlier shoulder dump, though she let it drop away soon after.  "I'm not exactly great with determining stuff like that about names...or at least not with my own name.  Still well met, Ronhim."

--
Member Name: MyaL