Re: So, I Have An Idea... Att: R'tal/N'yx

Laura Walker

So, there's something things that I was thinking about, both short
and long term, that tie into each other.  Obviously, I'm not flying
Fall, nor will I be for quite some time."  There was an ache in his
voice that said just how badly that weighed on him; that it might
before forever was something he didn't want to consider.  Not yet.
"But, I'm hoping that maybe we can work out some sort of solution down
the line that can see us back in active duty, in some capacity at
least.  And, in the meantime, there are still regular duties, like
sweep riding and the like that even one handed I could still do.

But - and this is the first thing I really wanted to ask you about -
is that even sweep riding and non-combative duties require maintaining
flight gear and straps, something I am going to have more than a
little trouble with.  I was wondering if it's allowable to...well,
take on an assistant, I guess I would call them?  Someone to help me
out with straps, and harnessing Ostibeth, and maybe going out with us
on sweeps and the like?"

He had briefly thought of the idea of having a partner to help him
during Threadfall, but both he and Ostibeth had tossed that idea out
just as promptly.  It was all a rider could do to keep track of his
dragon and himself; if a second person with them got hit, there'd be
no real way to keep track of it the way Dragon and Rider did through
their bond.

R'tal was quiet for a minute, thinking that through.

"I've not got a problem with that," he said after a long moment. "But you are going to need to find the right person. Anyone who has a personality that doesn't quite gel - it's going to become more abrasive very quickly." He paused, considering it. "Why don't you start by asking for help with washing Ostibeth? Whether you need it or not. Ask the Healers to send you some apprentices or whatever - you might find someone through that you could work with without them knowing you were considering them."