Re: So, I Have An Idea... Att: R'tal/N'yx

Jerzy Tobin

"All right then." R'tal leaned back in his chair. Despite his best efforts to hide it there was still something in his expression between sympathy and pity. Everyone knew that it just took one bad Fall to end up like N'yx. Mostly people just flew their whole lives trying to forget it. "Let's hear it. Sit down -- would you like a drink?"
"Thank you," N'yx said, taking the offered seat, "and no, thank you.
I just had something before coming, and I don't want to take up too
much of your non-existant time."

He paused for a moment to gather his thoughts, then launched right in.

"So, there's something things that I was thinking about, both short
and long term, that tie into each other. Obviously, I'm not flying
Fall, nor will I be for quite some time." There was an ache in his
voice that said just how badly that weighed on him; that it might
before forever was something he didn't want to consider. Not yet.
"But, I'm hoping that maybe we can work out some sort of solution down
the line that can see us back in active duty, in some capacity at
least. And, in the meantime, there are still regular duties, like
sweep riding and the like that even one handed I could still do.

But - and this is the first thing I really wanted to ask you about -
is that even sweep riding and non-combative duties require maintaining
flight gear and straps, something I am going to have more than a
little trouble with. I was wondering if it's allowable to...well,
take on an assistant, I guess I would call them? Someone to help me
out with straps, and harnessing Ostibeth, and maybe going out with us
on sweeps and the like?"

He had briefly thought of the idea of having a partner to help him
during Threadfall, but both he and Ostibeth had tossed that idea out
just as promptly. It was all a rider could do to keep track of his
dragon and himself; if a second person with them got hit, there'd be
no real way to keep track of it the way Dragon and Rider did through
their bond.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146