Re: (Clutching) Why Kassia Missed Her Party atten: Foreth/Truenoth/Talith/Mendl #clutching Part 3 #clutching

sailyn2

There was a short rest while Foreth caught her breath. Inwardly Kassia felt mixed feelings. Two eggs, but such weird looking ones. Was that a sign that something had gone wrong? A reflection of Foreth's personality? Or was she just being superstitious? She also wondered whether she should call in a healer, especially with Foreth's leg which was a lot better, but was still weak.

"Mine, can I call in a healer?" Kassia asked as the Queen fussed with her first two eggs.

((Why?)) Foreth asked, not bothering to look up.

"Just in case." Kassia knew there was no point in calling someone if the Queen objected unless there was a major issue. Queen's were very finicky about their privacy when they were Clutching. "I could call that Mendl, you liked her."

Foreth had taken a bit of a shine for the young dragonhealer while she helped keep her leg casted appropriately. Probably because Mendl was willing to coo over her and convince her that Kassia was the one being the meanie during their fights.

Foreth was quiet a long moment then, ((Her, no one else.))

"I'll be right back," Kassia got up to go ask her guard to send his flit to send for the girl.

By the time she came back Foreth was fussing over another egg. This one was a dark ominous blue with what looked like trees and branches. Kassia shivered. She could almost feel the cool, creepy air blowing over her while walking through that forest.

"Are all of these eggs going to be so creepy?" Kassia asked before she could stop herself.

Foreth's head came up sharply and she turned an irritated whirling eye on her lifemate. ((What's wrong with my eggs?)) Her tail slashed irritably.

Kassia put her hands up and shook her head. "Sorry, they're beautiful.  As always."

((Sharding right they are,)) Foreth snorted, pulling in the dark forest looking egg even as another started to emerge.