This is Why I Live! (Hemiseth/L'nel, any) #heatwave

Ren

Ahh the heat! The glorious and most celebrated part of living in the south. Hemiseth adored it. Let his snippy brother Misnoth prefer the cold and even let his rider prefer the shade and cool stones there, the great stocky blue had a wallow dug out in the hot sand and was splayed out in it with his wings open just enough to absorb the heat. A most content humming came from him as he settled and rustled and settled again. It sounded to L'nel like the song his blue had made up when he was still a Weyrling and he had to smile at that. Some things never changed, then.

{{Ahh L'nel what a perfect bout of serendipity we had with me being born here and you here to receive me!}} Hemiseth purred while making his wallow deeper. {{OH! Oh no this sand is too cold down here, ech! Makes my hide itch.}} The blue climbed out of the wallow and buried it in with his paws before moving spots and making another hole with his forelegs. {{This will be better, no cold sand in my wallow, no sir! No son of Wendeth and Longath would be caught itchy and uncomfortable like that.}}

"You know plenty of your old siblings like the cold, right?" L'nel pointed out with amusement. That statement earned him sand flicked by a blue wing.

{{They're insane,}} came the gruff response. {{Absolutely bonkers. Other than Zivath, I'm the only one out of that clutch with sense. Ah, but she's not really my sister, is she?}} Hemiseth paused in his work and cocked his head while working through L'nel's memories. {{Yes, yes that's right, she arrived with you, late as ever. Thankfully she didn't want you.}}

"Of course she didn't," L'nel shook his shaggy dark hair. "I'm a boy."

{{And you're mine,}} Hemiseth pointed out firmly. {{Boy or not, I don't care. Golds are off anyway for only wanting girls, and so are browns and bronzes for their like of boys. Us blues and even greens have the only sense around here. Tell me, before you realized that I'm the most perfect dragon to ever exist, did you have any wild thoughts of riding bronze?}}

"Honestly no," L'nel answered. "Blue would have been perfect for me since the position I wanted is the position I have now. I wanted to be a Wingthird or Wingsecond so that I could support a Wingleader and see a Wing succeed. Best dragon to do that from is blue. Brown and bronze are expected to be leaders and seconds, so here I am on a sensible blue, Wingthird."

That answer deeply pleased Hemiseth and the blue rolled onto his back to expose his belly to the intense heat. The hum grew louder until L'nel felt himself consumed and surrounded by it. He closed his eyes and hummed himself in harmony with his lifemate as the bluepair sat in the overwhelming heat.
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, C'fan (Fort), D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer), Ozfini (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...