Re: GATHER: Come see my sparkles, come buy my trinkets. (Ysolde/ NPC Diolde/ANY)

mglady3@...

"Your father is a smart man." Delysia opined. "By engaging at the source, a craftsman can better control the quality of the materials that come down to him, and thus the quality of the final product." It was an attitude that Delysia, as someone who's always held a higher appreciation for quality and elegant craftsmanship over the merely expensive, approved of. She considered Ysolde for a long second, as if trying to make up her mind on something. At last she spoke. "Ysolde, can I ask you a personal question? You seem to enjoy working with your father, and I know that you take pride in the jewelry that you've made. You've clearly already invested into your craft - so why give it up?"

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 1:43 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
"For the most part, yes. My father spent some time with the Minecraft learning specifically how to identify and mine gemstones." Ysolde replied with a nod. "If it's potentially time critical we'll head to the Minecraft Hall and see what they've pre-sourced. For this piece it's a little of an assortment, some stones that we had previously sourced and others that were located by ourselves. My father is a keen believer of a Jewelcrafter being able to source and shape their own stones so he has included identification of raw gems and lapidary as part of my training."

She watched Delysia examine the piece. In truth she liked it when someone put thought and care into their purchases - or potential purchases. Impulse buys often came with regrets and it wounded her to think of the amount of jewelry that was probably stashed in drawers and forgotten about. "If you're considering the style against yourself ma'am, we do have a small looking-glass. Sometimes it helps to see the colours and fitting against ourselves."

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 11:01 PM <mglady3@...> wrote:
"Where do you source your stones?" Delysia asked, as she raised the necklace to eye level so that she could examine the minute patterns in the stores. "Do you pick them yourself?" She slid her finger over the strands of the necklace, feeling the patterns of the weave beneath her fingertips. She then held the necklace up against a strand of her own hair and considered the juxtaposition.

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 3:57 AM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
To see a ranker like Delysia take such abject interest in her Craft caused a deep sensation of pleased satisfaction. As much as she liked her philosophy, she also felt at times that her more simplistic stylings might be overlooked as cheap or without thought. Such was certainly not the case. It was apparent that there was a great degree of precision and care in her work. Leaning to look at the piece that Delysia was paying attention to, Ysolde smiled and reached for the small board it was hanging from, carefully unhooking the piece and passing it over.

"That particular piece can work well either as a necklace or even as a head adornment with the crest resting on the brow and the strands secured around the head and ears. It's set with an assorted array of polished blue agate and gold flecked lapis as the centre piece. All gems have been authenticated and we provide a certificate of craft authenticity as well." She let the woman take it to inspect it for herself. "This particular piece uses slate grey threads to create both the setting and additional woven detailing which really sets off the blue."

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 7:59 PM <mglady3@...> wrote:
OOC: It all looks so pretty! It's hard to choose just one! But let's go with something like this: https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/602567625133466472/ except maybe with dark blue stones.

IC: "That's good." Delysia replied with another smile. Ysolde was probably not the only who in a more friendly and relaxed frame of mind because of the Gather. "Working hard is important, but it's also important to know when to take some time for yourself."

"It's always valuable to be able to do something differently, especially if it produces something that many people would enjoy or want to possess." She agreed. Her fingers hovered over the piece that had caught her attention. "May I?" She asked.

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 3:12 AM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
OoC: If she's looking at anything in particular from my album I keep for Ysolde ( https://www.pinterest.co.uk/lynnmperry/ysoldes-jewellery/) - feel free to link it so I know how to play off the description etc.

IC: "Thank you, ma'am!" Ysolde said brightly and with a hint of genuine warmth. She didn't care what others thought of Delysia as being standoffish, she liked the Goldrider immensely. "And may I say, thank you so much for your generosity. I've been thoroughly enjoying working with you." She glanced over as someone drifted near the stall but then wandered off again. "My father and I make a deal that I work with him for the day on the first day of the Gather as it's typically our busiest what with the Arolos Cup, then the rest is my own. I am highly looking forward to letting my hair down and probably catching far too much sun!" In the relaxed Trader environment, there was a very different side to Ysolde - something far more open and generally friendly which was a stark change from her serious and studious frame of mind as a Candidate. She was of course looking forward to spending the following day walking the Gather with S'ryll but she highly doubted the serious Goldrider would be interested in knowing of such frivolities.

As Delysia looked over the pieces, Ysolde glanced over with a smile. "I used waxed threads because it allows for a range of intricacies from something very simple to something much more extravagant. I find it's a style that suits a wide range of people, can be extremely customisable and without using metal, brings the prices down into ranges that more people can afford meaning it allows for things that in traditional, metal set pieces, would just be far too beyond the realm of possibility of owning. And I don't agree with that. I think everyone should have the opportunity for something special - jewellery can be kept for highly sentimental reasons - why exclude someone from owning something as important to them because they can't afford the materials that have traditionally been used." It was quite clear that Ysolde took immense pride in her work, and her philosophy behind it. She had created something that was far more readily available to the masses. It benefited boths sides of the mark - her father's profit margin and the customer base.

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 2:09 AM <mglady3@...> wrote:
"It's good weather for a Gather And there's a good selection of stalls this year." Delysia acknowledged. "Be sure to take some time to look around yourself." She advised with a smile. "I'm certain your father would be able to spare you for a little while."

She tooks few steps close so that she could browse over the items on display. She'd been keeping her eyes out for a possible gift for Karla and this was as good an opportunity as any. She paused briefly over a necklace featuring a deep blue stone. "This is very fine work." She murmured.

OOC: Also feel free to assume that Delysia would have given Ysolde a small bonus for her assistant work - maybe 1/4 - 1/2 mark - leading up to the Gather.

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 6:49 AM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
So far, things had been going splendidly. Not so busy as to feel overwhelmed, nor so quiet to question the point of having set up the stall. Comfortably constant as she liked to think of it. Ysolde had just brought out a new box to top up one of their trays when she heard the familiar voice. Her father had left her in charge of the stall whilst he delivered a commission he had finished. At the sound of the familiar voice, Ysolde looked genuinely delighted to see the Goldrider there. "Fair skies to you, ma'am!" she said with a genuine and enthusiastic smile. "I hope you are enjoying walking the Gather - my father and I seem to be appealing to peoples' desire to purchase their fancies this turn."

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 5:23 AM <mglady3@...> wrote:
Gathers were a great place to pick up gifts for friends. And jewelry stands were a particular great place to pick up a choice trinket. Though in this case, the draw for Delysia was more that she'd spotted Ysolde manning the stand than any particular piece on display. "Fair skies, Ysolde." She greeted the candidate. "I hope you've been enjoying a prosperous gather?"

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 3:23 AM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

OoC: Examples of the sort of jewellery Ysolde does can be found here (https://www.pinterest.co.uk/lynnmperry/ysoldes-jewellery/). If your character is looking at a specific piece, feel free to link the pin in  your reply. Your character can also enquire about a commission or even be there to collect a commission that they have had made by Diolde.

IC: Ysolde had been awake some hours before the normal morning bell. She had packed her Gather boxes the night before and was yawning widely as she stumbled out of the quiet Barracks to meet her father and the small wagon he had procured in order to take their wares to the Gather.

This turn, Ysolde had asked her father for permission to set up their stall a little differently. Normally Diolde did something very simple but Ysolde had argued with him many a time that their wares could be set up far more attractively in order to show off their wares to better catch the eyes of any prospective customers. Reluctantly, Diolde had let his daughter take the reins and had to admit, she had had a point. So this turn, their little stall was a small, enclosed tent space with an open front and a table they could sit behind. Boards had been carefully mounted on the walls with assorted jewellery pieces with each board bearing the price of the pieces per board. The same had been done on the table where various trinkets had been arranged in trays with tiny, simple pieces starting at a ¼ mark. Prices were clearly marked except for an arrangement behind the table, out of the reach of curious fingers was a display of clearly more elaborate and valuable pieces with a small card reading “prices available on request”. There was also a small sign up hung saying “Enquire About Commissions”.

There were clearly two styles. One being Diolde’s more traditional, metal based gemwork. His items were on the more expensively marked trays for the most part although a few, smaller pieces were visible on the less expensively marked trays. He had several pieces already commissioned, waiting to be collected. The rule was always the same. If they weren’t collected by the end of the second Gather day - regardless of whether they had been paid for - they would be sold off.

Ysolde’s pieces were clearly a distinctive style all their own, using waxed threads to create knotted and colourful pieces around pieces of gem. Clearly her style focused on using less metal but was still a skill all its own. It displayed an intricacy all its own and seemed to have a versatility to its appearance that suggested it would suit a range of styles.

There was a huge array of items, rings, necklaces, bracelets, anklets, brooches, earrings, hair pieces, even a few ornate belts which were clearly designed to be decorative rather than practical. Ysolde’s style had even branched out to make a few small coin pouches and belt pouches and some elaborate, web-like pieces mounted on rings that could be hung on walls.. But they were ready, their wares were on sale and it was time to welcome the customers.

Recluso#6042 on Discord

Recluso#6042 on Discord

Recluso#6042 on Discord

Recluso#6042 on Discord