Re: GATHER: Callamere Stall - Firelizards (NPC Giselle/Delysia)

mglady3@...

"I'll send someone around by the end of the day." Delysia promised. At a gather like this one, you could always find a candidate willing to run a quick errand in return for some small remuneration. "What do I owe you?"

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 1:37 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
"Certainly ma'am, we can arrange to have the stand delivered if that would be more helpful or you can collect it at the end of the day - same as the toy. Probably wouldn't be the most easy thing to cart around!" Moving to the corner where the stands were arranged, Giselle selected one and glanced back at Delysia for confirmation she had picked the one indicated. They weren't overtly fancy but there was a pleasing, natural elegance to their structure which meant they could fit into practically any environment - no matter the decor. The ball was deftly picked up as she returned, reaching into a pocket for a small invoice book that she kept to hand.

On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 8:09 PM <mglady3@...> wrote:
Delysia wasn't nearly as certain that her musically acute firelizard queen wouldn't notice the change in sound, but smiled back anyways. "It's worth a try, I suppose." She replied. "I'll take the ball. Oh, and one of those floor perches." She pointed towards the one that she wanted.

On Sun, Jun 14, 2020 at 3:44 AM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
Giselle grinned slyly at the woman after a resounding chuckle in response to her previous comment. "That's why you take the little balls out of the bells when she's not around. Do it a few at a time so it's gradual. One day, suddenly no noise at all. And if you do it right, they can't quite remember if it sounded like that the whole time. Even a gold." There was a cheerful wickedness to her eyes that suggested that she had done such a thing herself on more than one occasion.

On Sat, Jun 13, 2020 at 7:42 PM <mglady3@...> wrote:
Delysia laughed softly. "I think you've worked firelizards - firelizard queens in particular - for long enough to not know the answer to that question." And indeed, Aoede had no sooner caught sight of the large stand full of firelizard paraphernalia than dropped off of her perch at Delysia's shoulder to investigate. A few strokes of her swift wings took her to the table where she landed and was soon immersed in exploring her many, many choices. She took her time in examining each of the toys on display, but time and time again her attention was drawn back to one toy in particular - a soft, yarn covered ball that was festooned with half a dozen silver bells that rang merrily whenever the ball moved.

Delysia sighed. "Something tells me I'm going to regret buying that one for her."

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 3:13 AM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
Giselle had laughed lightly at the reply, a sweet and cheery sounded. "No offence taken at all, ma'am. I know the feeling entirely. I would walk over hot coals barefoot for my Shimmer, even if she had been found on the beach and not from one of our own eggs." Said gold, currently grooming herself carefully on a nearby perch had glanced up at the sound of her name, offering a perfunctory chirrup of greeting at Aeode. It was all polite manners and etiquette rather than borne out of genuine friendliness, but then that was golds all over. The epitome of manners.

"Toys you say? Why we do indeed carry a selection. Same with training treats and some rather more indulgent. Ironic you mention those, I've been in talks with someone at the Weyr about arranging to have some kept in Weyr for people to obtain for their own firelizards." She gestured to one side of the tent where large stands had been set up that were positively festooned in just about every sort of toy, training device, wrapped boards for sharpening talons, even several floor perches had been set up. "Are you looking for anything in particular or do you like to let your beautiful girl choose for herself? I know *I* don't get a say in the matter when I'm buying for Shimmer!"

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 2:19 AM <mglady3@...> wrote:
"Thank you. I most certainly am." Delysia responded pleasantly. "And no, Aoede here is wild bred. I hope you'll not be offended if I say that I would not trade her for any other firelizard in the world, as fine as your bloodlines are." Certainly, the glance that the small queen gave Giselle was haughty enough to belong to the most carefully bred gold.

"But it's actually for Aoede that I've come. I seem to recall this stall carrying a very fine selection of firelizard toys in the past. Aoede deserves her Gather Day treat, same as anyone else."

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 6:48 AM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
OoC: Oh they absolutely would :)

IC: Bidding a customer a good day, Giselle moved through the customers and promptly affected a polite curtsey when she saw the Goldrider. She had caught a glimpse of the gold thread, if not the full knots themselves. "Good Gather to you ma'am. I hope you are enjoying yourself thoroughly. And an equally good Gather to your lovely lady there - is she one of ours?." Of course she had noticed the gold, Giselle had probably noticed the firelizard before she noticed the Rider. "Please let me know if I can assist you at all."

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 4:48 AM <mglady3@...> wrote:
OOC: Delysia is not looking for a firelizard - only firelizard treats and toys. I assumed that the Callamere stall would carry some. If that's not the case, feel free to let her know ICly xD

The best part of any gather is the opportunity to browse the stalls and Delysia enjoyed it to the full. As it was during the day, she dressed simply but well, in an elegant dress of deep blue with split skirt to maximize her freedom of movement. A small dainty pale gold firelizard perched on her shoulder, partially obscuring her rank knots - though the firelizard itself was a clear advertisement of her position. And besides, there was the pair of guards that trailed a discrete two paces behind.

By chance, Delysia's footsteps took her past the spectacular Callamere compound. She paused. Aoede had behaved extraordinarily well during the months when Delysia's attention had been primarily focused on Razelth. She had earned a special treat. With that in mind, she approached the stall.

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 3:21 AM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

Date Reference: Gather starts 8.28.6.1.

IC: One trader caravan was eagerly awaited every Mid-Summer Gather and the Callamere compound was always a sight to see. The large paddocks housing the Callamere White runners - their coats glinting brightly in the morning sun as they tossed their heads and flicked their tails. Near that was the large, text like structure where the wher-pups for Bonding were available to be seen, watched over by Revai’s trio of golds and beyond that again was the firelizard stall - the roof of the open-fronted tent festooned with firelizards trilling their merry song, darting through the air like colourful flags.

The Turn, it was not Sythy manning the stall but rather her replacement, her younger sister Giselle, the blonde-haired woman the spitting image of her father, Riv. Tall but lean, her blonde hair braided and wearing a light blue belted tunic, she struck a cheerful figure as she carefully fussed over the trays of eggs that had been arranged and marked up with their colour and prices. On her shoulder, draped with casual elegance was the unmistakable shape of a Callamere gold firelizard who inspected her Mistress’s handiwork with a discerning eye.

When they were finally ready to go, the barriers were taken down, the gangway cleared and the stall was open to all!

OoC: IMPORTANT - Read this OOC before posting a reply as this lays down a bit of groundwork on how to reply and some OOC/IC notes to keep to mind.

  • Please add your character name to the subject line to create a new thread rather than just replying to the core thread. This is to help me keep the threads in track.

  • Threads do not need to just be for purchasing. Maybe your character has questions, wants advice or just wants to know a bit more about the Callamere lineage.

  • There are only a limited number of firelizards available and an extremely small amount of metallics. People who have recently obtained a metallic in the Easter gifting will be given a lower preference to someone who has not. A character with few/no draconic pets will be given higher preference over someone who has many. This is to be as fair as possible.

  • ICly your character needs to logically have a reason to have the amount of marks they have. For example, a Candidate is unlikely to have 12 marks for a bronze flirelizard.

  • ICly your character will be questioned regarding their suitability. Remember Callamere firelizards are not just wild firelizards, they are carefully bred and temperamentally selected. If your character does not seem to be up to scratch (for any number of reasons), they can and will be refused the sale.

  • Although Candidates are permitted to purchase a firelizard if they so wish, this will make them ineligible to Stand at the next Hatching due to the firelizard being about 3-4 months old at the time and therefore likely to go wild. Given the price of their animals, Callamere will likely try to deter any Candidate where possible but please give an OOC note if you are intending not to Stand to Impress anyway.

  • Although Callamere does allow their firelizards to Impress to children as young as 9 Turns, no child under the age of 14 Turns will be served without a parent/guardian present.

How much do Callamere firelizards cost?

Green - 5 marks

Blue - 8 marks

Brown - 12 marks