Re: Gather: Tailor Stall (Attn: Bronwynn, Z'rain)

Rosiegirl

Bronwynn smiled at her brother’s whistle and comments, then gave a mock look of horror and shake of her head at his words about her son growing up. She couldn’t even picture it! Smiling again as Z’rain mentioned he had all day, and the possibility of seeing Wysin later, Bronwynn finally dropped her hands and pulled all the way back from their embrace.

At his hesitant reply, a quick look of concern flashed over her face before she could stop it. She was worried about him and what he’d been through at Fort, but she’d asked him several times to come to Arolos. Not just because then he’d be closer to her and be more involved in her and Wysin’s lives, but because Arolos had been so *good* for her that she hoped it would be good for Z’rain too. Sadly, he’d not wanted to transfer to Arolos the times she’d mentioned it...so she had learned to stop asking or hinting. She didn’t want to be a nag, and had just learned to accept and be happy with the visits she *did* get with him.

At his last words, Wynn smiled wide and said “I’m *overjoyed* to see you! It’s been far too long. And of course I don’t want to get rid of you! If you want to, you could hang around the booth all day and we can catch up between customers. But, if you do want to go see some of the Gather sights instead, that’s fine too. And yes, Wysin would be so happy to see you. It would just make his day.” As Wynn said that last part, her smile faded slightly and she added in a more serious tone “And I’m really glad you’re...ok at Igen. You know I worry about how you’re doing.”

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 6:18 AM Aaron <cobalt.knight@...> wrote:
Z'rain whistled.

"Six Turns, Faranth. He'll be a grown man before I know it, won't he? Well, I've got all day," he said. "If you're not ready to get rid of me, maybe I could see him after things wrap up here today?"

"I've been... OK," he continued. He was not sure he would ever be great, but seeing his sister helped. He should visit more. He would consider asking for a transfer if it would not mean giving up everything he had at Igen, too... "I'm happy to see you."

***

"I'm doing...actually pretty great! I had an amazing sale of a Gather dress not too long ago, not at this Gather, and...I even won a bit of marks on Hard Luck. I couldn't believe that he actually won!" Smiling, touching the fabric of her dress Bronwynn added "I've come up with a different type of fabric, one that's lighter and breathable but still a bit sturdy, meaning less likely to cause overheating in this heat if you layer the fabric, and it seems to be a bit of a hit too." Smiling, she added "Wysin's going to be so upset he missed seeing you, with me working the booth I didn't bring him to the Gather this early. He's 6 turns old now, I still can't believe it!"

Pulling back a bit more, Bronwynn asked eagerly "But what about you? How have you been?" Even as she asked, she raked her eyes down his form remembering his question that had startled her. She did, indeed, recognize the outfit he was wearing as one she'd made...and it still *looked* in relatively ok condition, but it didn't hurt to get something *new* to wear either.