Re: #stabbing If You Think You're Getting Away Attn Bl'by, Andronda, Cuylar, T'baran #stabbing

Jerzy Tobin

Apparently the guards weren't able to just accept the fact that they had done them a favor, and were going to push all the wrong buttons. He knew that Bl'by wasn't going to take questioning well because of how forceful they had been with him and Traynth after the goldflight tragedy, and from the looks of it V'rex was turning into a nervous mess--he remembered the bluerider from Fort, so he wasn't surprised. Strangely, T'baran didn't feel panic. He fell into a position he'd fallen so many times before, at Fort, when his fellow blue or greenriders had accidentally run into a bronzerider or other ranker. He put himself between the guards and the blueriders, holding both hands up in a relaxed posture, "Calm down, sirs. We are all dragonriders, we would never harm another dragonrider," he began, looking from one to the other and then finally over to Andronda. "We were just trying to help. I'm T'baran. These are Bl'by and V'rex. Your boss can vouch for them, right?"

Now would be a good time for Andronda to prove she wasn't another crazy paranoid goldrider, T'baran thought to himself. Either way, he wasn't moving, he wouldn't let the guards touch the blueriders. "We didn't see anything," he added. "We heard someone scream, then we got the order to clear the dancefloor... and so we did, keeping Andronda safe." His eyes narrowed, "Where were the two of you? What are your names? What did *you* see? We can keep being suspicious of each other or accept that we both did our best in the chaos and go home."
"Mion, *please*!" Andronda set herself besides the other three riders,
at least momentarily. She held her hands up to keep the guards from
advancing on T'barand for his attitude. She understood that they were
just doing their jobs, but at the same time, inducing panic in what
were, by and large, most likely innocent people was uncalled for.

"These good gentlemen kept me safe from being trampled, Mion. None of
us saw what happened, only heard the screams and the call to clear the
floor."

Then she turned to T'baran, Bl'by and V'rex. "I apologize that my
presence has caused you good gentlemen trouble. All I wanted was a
chance to dance as just another person, and not as a gold rider. It's
rare that we have the chance to enjoy a gather just as *ourselves* and
not as someone to be approached with some future goal or favor in
mind. My guards were on the sidelines to keep watch - as they were
asked - while I danced. Keeping their eyes on me is their job; the
Weyrwoman has her own guards to watch her."

Why they hadn't seen an incoming attacker was a question for them, not
the ones here.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146