Re: Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind (ATTN: Nyzara/Tyne)

Jessica Freise

"It's wonderful that you're doing this," came Nyzara's pleasant voice, warm with sincerity. "It's a step forward, in my opinion."

On May 3, 2020, at 5:26 AM, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

Now that was interesting. She had expected there to be some questions about being so close to wounded dragons, how she had felt. Was this a build up? A buffer of some sort? "I am intrigued as to how it will be received. I suspect that there are those who will find it takes some getting used to and may find themselves on the sharp end of some lessons if they have been permitting their firelizards to act in an unruly fashion."  There was still a formality to her words, as if she were discussing the notes from a meeting. It was all deliberate of course, a careful guard around her thoughts until she knew how this Nyzara woman worked.

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 10:46 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"That''s wonderful," Nyzara said quietly, her clouded gaze warm with sincerity. "Are you excited? Nervous?"

On Apr 29, 2020, at 7:37 AM, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

That was a reasonable question to be fair. As much as she felt like she was a child being checked they weren't about to do something foolish or reckless, it was resignation that she knew why they had to ask.

"A remote firelizard clinic and care site. Separate from the main Infirmary. Master Larsin thinks the idea has promise and he has assisted with helping me spend time in the Infirmary during their quieter times to learn a Healer trained standard of basic injury treatment and maintenance of treatment areas such as cleaning regimes. Give my... unique talents, it would be a way for me to apply it usefully to benefit the Weyr."

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 1:28 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"What sort of project?"

She had to ask, needed to know. She studied the careful expression on Tyne's face and wondered if she could breach the mask to find the woman inside.

On Apr 29, 2020, at 6:12 AM, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

"I do. Ten. Well, eleven if you count Aaru, even if she's Bobbin's. But it would be inconsiderate of me to bring all of them. Hence why I only allow Bobbin and Cairn to attend." She was waiting for... ah, there it was. The same question every time. Yes, she knew they had to ask it. But it still grated a little. Even if it wasn't their fault.

"I'm well thank you. I have been keeping myself busy and have continued the advised regime of mingling with more of the Weyr's denizens. I have attended the Barracks to offer assistance with their firelizards should they Impress and I have been in consultation with the Dragonhealers regarding a new project idea."

It was all so formal, crisp and careful. As if a carefully placed and invisible shield had been placed all around her.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 1:02 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"From what I know, you have a regular fare of firelizards."

There was no reproach, no judgement. Her voice was now crisp, cool, and professional.

"I am more than aware of why you need to see us. As you are aware," she added quietly, "of why you need to see us. So what i'm going to ask shouldn't surprise you: how have you been feeling?"
On Apr 28, 2020, at 6:59 AM, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

OoC: Repost!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 10:22 PM
Subject: Re: [arolosweyr] Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind (ATTN: Nyzara/Tyne)
To: <main@arolosweyr.groups.io>

The young gold was rewarded with a low hissing growl that came from deep in Bobbin's throat. A warning from the most senior Queen in the room that Flare needed to mind her manners. "Yes, Bobbin and Cairn." She offered no apology for their presence and the cool edge to her voice suggested that one wasn't coming either. If this newbie hadn't brushed up on her notes enough to know that she always had the pair present, well, that was on the Mindhealer. 

She shook the hand brusquely and then casually, she dropped into a seat, folding her legs neatly over one another. "So, I'm presuming you've read my file and know why I have to come and see the Mindhealers."

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 10:00 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"You must be Lady Tyne," Nyzara said warmly, pushing off the desk and extending her hand. She let Tyne take it, make the first move. Beside her, Flare took in the woman and her firelizards. For a momen, the gold rose to her full height, instinct winning over purpose until Nyzara clicked her tongue repovingly at the prody queen.

"I'm Nyzara and this is Flare. I see you have some company with you."

On Apr 23, 2020, at 2:59 PM, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

Joy of joys, it was her bi-weekly check-in with the Mindhealers. Well, she supposed that was a graduation away from daily... then every other day... then weekly. It wasn't that she didn't appreciate their work, it just... got tedious. The endless picking through her thoughts. How was she feeling. Had she had any bad days. Had she thought about hurting herself at all recently. Sigh.

At least being later on in the day she had been able to pretend the day was normal. And wasn't spending it ramping up with edgy, nervous anticipation of having to spend an candlemark getting picked at. Oh well, may as well get it over with. After knocking in the door and being called in, Tyne opened it and walked in breezily. "Good afternoon Journeywoman. I don't think we've had the pleasure."

Ah, so this was the new one she'd heard mumblings about. Nothing specific, just that there was a new body. Bobbin glowered perfunctorily at the younger gold whilst Cairn paid her no more mind than a polite greeting. Her gold and bronze always came with her whilst Chief took the rest of the faire to play with the instructions of thoroughly distracting them.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 8:03 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"Come in."

Nyzara spoke from where she leaned casually against the desk. Beside her, Flare rose to her full height and called out a warm greeting as she transfered the image of Tyne to her owner. A small smile tugged at Nyzara's lips even as she shifted her stance and considered the image of the woman, her final patient for the day.

-- 
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Recluso#6042 on Discord

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!

-- 
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Recluso#6042 on Discord

I'm sometimes slow and have the memory of a sieve at times, so don't hesitate to poke me if you think you've been forgotten!

-- 
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Recluso#6042 on Discord

-- 
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Recluso#6042 on Discord

-- 
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Recluso#6042 on Discord

-- 
Nutmeg on the Wizzy.
Recluso#6042 on Discord

Join main@arolosweyr.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.