Re: Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind (ATTN: Nyzara/Tyne)

Jessica Freise

"It's wonderful that you're doing this," came Nyzara's pleasant voice, warm with sincerity. "It's a step forward, in my opinion."

On May 3, 2020, at 5:26 AM, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

Now that was interesting. She had expected there to be some questions about being so close to wounded dragons, how she had felt. Was this a build up? A buffer of some sort? "I am intrigued as to how it will be received. I suspect that there are those who will find it takes some getting used to and may find themselves on the sharp end of some lessons if they have been permitting their firelizards to act in an unruly fashion."  There was still a formality to her words, as if she were discussing the notes from a meeting. It was all deliberate of course, a careful guard around her thoughts until she knew how this Nyzara woman worked.

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 10:46 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"That''s wonderful," Nyzara said quietly, her clouded gaze warm with sincerity. "Are you excited? Nervous?"

On Apr 29, 2020, at 7:37 AM, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

That was a reasonable question to be fair. As much as she felt like she was a child being checked they weren't about to do something foolish or reckless, it was resignation that she knew why they had to ask.

"A remote firelizard clinic and care site. Separate from the main Infirmary. Master Larsin thinks the idea has promise and he has assisted with helping me spend time in the Infirmary during their quieter times to learn a Healer trained standard of basic injury treatment and maintenance of treatment areas such as cleaning regimes. Give my... unique talents, it would be a way for me to apply it usefully to benefit the Weyr."

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 1:28 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"What sort of project?"

She had to ask, needed to know. She studied the careful expression on Tyne's face and wondered if she could breach the mask to find the woman inside.

On Apr 29, 2020, at 6:12 AM, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

"I do. Ten. Well, eleven if you count Aaru, even if she's Bobbin's. But it would be inconsiderate of me to bring all of them. Hence why I only allow Bobbin and Cairn to attend." She was waiting for... ah, there it was. The same question every time. Yes, she knew they had to ask it. But it still grated a little. Even if it wasn't their fault.

"I'm well thank you. I have been keeping myself busy and have continued the advised regime of mingling with more of the Weyr's denizens. I have attended the Barracks to offer assistance with their firelizards should they Impress and I have been in consultation with the Dragonhealers regarding a new project idea."

It was all so formal, crisp and careful. As if a carefully placed and invisible shield had been placed all around her.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 1:02 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"From what I know, you have a regular fare of firelizards."

There was no reproach, no judgement. Her voice was now crisp, cool, and professional.

"I am more than aware of why you need to see us. As you are aware," she added quietly, "of why you need to see us. So what i'm going to ask shouldn't surprise you: how have you been feeling?"
On Apr 28, 2020, at 6:59 AM, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

OoC: Repost!