Re: So why exactly DO you want to know? (Idri/S'ryll)

TrueTricia

S'ryll's voice turned a little hard, though it was obviously not directed at her.  "Everyone else is wrong.  She made the ultimate sacrifice for Pern, no matter the circumstances."

He didn't offer her any details of their relationship, but he also noted that the tension and some of the guardeness about her seemed to be melted away slightly.  He listened to her, ignoring her scrutiny of him or the fact that Tyne hadn't mentioned him.  He would have been surprised if she had; he could only imagine how painful that part of her life had been in the beginning, and by the time it wasn't, well, they'd lost touch and he probably wasn't worth mentioning at that point.

"I know she was devastated, as any of us would be, in the immediate aftermath.  She was sequestered away, and none of us could see her, those of us who cared about her.  I tried to see her, just after, and they wouldn't let me. So there were only the rumors, that she'd tried to kill herself, that she was overcome with the grief."  He shrugged.  "They kept her so far away from where we could see her or sort out the truth.  I know she told me the other day that she had broken -- her words -- and had to put herself back together.  But the details..." he trailed off.