Re: So why exactly DO you want to know? (Idri/S'ryll)

Nutmeg

"If you have some water, or tea, that would be lovely." Idri waited patiently, waiting for him to return. It gave her time to figure out what that expression had been that dashed across his face when she had told him there had been some upset. It wasn't even on the scale of "upset" that she had seen and it had been minor to say the least. But it had happened. That expression... had that been disappointment she had seen in there? She tucked it away to think about. Plus she wasn't sure she even wanted to ask about that "twenty heirs" joke.

Her eyes had widened slightly and surprise registered on her face as she pushed her hair out of her face. "I think you are the first person I have heard say that. At least out loud. In all the time I have been with her, and I have been with Tyne since... just afterwards... no one has ever referred to her like that." She wasn't going to tell the man - at least not yet - that his obvious deference had just won him a sizeable chunk of gold stars. She settled back in her seat a little, making herself more comfortable. "I don't know the extent of the relationship you had with her - Tyne has never, with the exception of Weyrwoman Wygelle and Weyrleader F'loran, talked about anyone from High Reaches... I don't think it has been personal, I believe it has been a coping strategy." Idri paused, scrutinising S'ryll carefully. "What... exactly do you know about what happened. After, I mean?"

On Fri, Apr 10, 2020 at 7:37 PM TrueTricia <tricia.nicewicz@...> wrote:
He listened as she spoke, describing her affiliation with Tyne.  A flicker of irritation, concern, and perhaps disappointment stole across his face as she told him that he had been the cause of conflict for Tyne, but then, he realized, he already knew that.  The woman hadn't just fainted out of happiness to see him, after all.  Common sense told him that alone indicated her conflict, and it probably had not resolved itself in the candlemark.

But when she asked him his intentions, he chuckled out loud.  "Wed with twenty heirs to make our own wing..." he said, holding up his hand to forestall any objections while he finished his laugh.  "It was a joke between us," he said as way of explanation.  He stood then.  "Can I get you something to drink?" he asked, moving off to get himself a cup of water.

He returned, sitting down again, his tone more serious but with an easiness to it in an attempt to convey his honesty.  "weyrwoman Tyne," he said it again to emphasize his respect for her, "and I are friends.  My intentions with her are to rebuild the friendship that we lost when Myrandith was lost.  I understand that she is not the same woman who left me in the weyr the morning of that terrible flight, but neither am I.  I only have her best interests at heart and do not wish to do her harm.  She is, and always will be, a goldrider of Pern, and I will treat her with all the respect due that rank."

Recluso#6042 on Discord