Re: So why exactly DO you want to know? (Idri/S'ryll)

TrueTricia

He listened as she spoke, describing her affiliation with Tyne.  A flicker of irritation, concern, and perhaps disappointment stole across his face as she told him that he had been the cause of conflict for Tyne, but then, he realized, he already knew that.  The woman hadn't just fainted out of happiness to see him, after all.  Common sense told him that alone indicated her conflict, and it probably had not resolved itself in the candlemark.

But when she asked him his intentions, he chuckled out loud.  "Wed with twenty heirs to make our own wing..." he said, holding up his hand to forestall any objections while he finished his laugh.  "It was a joke between us," he said as way of explanation.  He stood then.  "Can I get you something to drink?" he asked, moving off to get himself a cup of water.

He returned, sitting down again, his tone more serious but with an easiness to it in an attempt to convey his honesty.  "weyrwoman Tyne," he said it again to emphasize his respect for her, "and I are friends.  My intentions with her are to rebuild the friendship that we lost when Myrandith was lost.  I understand that she is not the same woman who left me in the weyr the morning of that terrible flight, but neither am I.  I only have her best interests at heart and do not wish to do her harm.  She is, and always will be, a goldrider of Pern, and I will treat her with all the respect due that rank."