Re: Am I A Joke To You?! Att: R'tal

Laura Walker

"Good man!" There was no sign of recognition from R'tal, though he clapped L'eo on the shoulder approvingly. "That would have been a tough move for an experienced pair, and the pair of you pulled it off brilliantly. Feeling okay? No pulled muscles?"

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 5:57 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
> R'tal wasn't Weyrleader any more, not even WeyrSecond, and he was heartily grateful for that fact. Not having to have his eyes on the entirety of the Weyr when it rose to fight Fall made his life a lot easier.
>
> Still, when someone executed something impressive right in front of him it was difficult not to notice. He wasn't blind after all, and it would be petty to deny a compliment to a youngster just because it didn't have the weight of rank behind it.
>
> "Hey, hey you," he called, jogging up to the kid who was still masked in his Fall gear. "That was some move you managed there."

L'eo turned at the call, and seeing just who it was speaking to him,
stood up just a little bit straighter.  Hearing the comment, that
nugget of praise coming from his father, well, that had L'eo beaming
under his gear.  He pulled it off quickly, so that R'tal could see his
face, and know that it was his own son and his dragon who had done
what they had.

"Thank you, Sir!  Lanceth and I just happened to be in the right place
at the right time."

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146