Re: Housewarming Presents! (Dytha/Cremsden)

Laura Walker

"Urgh." Cremsden pulled a face. "Here, let me get a broom. We can poke whatever that is onto a dustpan or shovel or something."

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 7:00 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
The blue's delight brought another snort of laughter. "Well someone's made himself at home. Maybe I should stick a sign out front offering free flit baths." Another box was pushed aside, only to cause her to step back with a light groan as the very familiar smell of "something died in here" announced its presence. "Flaming shells," she growled, tentatively pulling what looked like mouldy sacking to one side.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 9:37 PM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
"Erk." Cremsden pulled a face but Bitey, on his shoulder, gave a little cry of delight and leapt down to splash in the forming pool. "Huh. Well, those jars will need a good long boil but looks like you have a weyr with a built-in firelizard bathing pool."

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 9:01 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
"I don't know, a lost fortune might cover some of the repairs this place is going to need." Dytha grunted as she heaved up a box, only to groan as it uncovered a patch of wall heavily streaked with damp, moisture pooling on the floor. "And that will be the leak they told me about." Setting the box to one side and carefully inspecting it, she was relieved to see that the sodden box contained empty salve jars, the small ones for small lotions to be distributed to patients to take home.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 10:21 PM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
"At this point I would wager the majority of them have been sitting five turns or more," Cremsden said reassuringly, heaving up the next box. "I mean, I'm not saying there *isn't* a lost Lady Holder's fortune sitting at the bottom of one of them but it seems unlikely."

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 6:18 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
"Hah. Lets make a punishment room for them filled with boxes containing Faranth only knows what. Expired numbweed in mysterious jars. Suspiciously stained sheets." Sure, a good amount of them pulled their weight and were content to do what was asked. But there had been more than one that turned up their nose at getting their hands dirty. "You sure they won't mind? I kinda feel like I should be making some sort of list if I'm going to be getting it out of here." It felt an awful lot like cutting a corner, even if what he was saying did make a lot of sense.

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 11:18 PM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
"No, believe me, if there had been food Bitey would have been after it," Cremsden assured her. He rolled his sleeves up and set to work lifting down the most wobbly looking of the higher boxes. "The Infirmary might want a bit of this - empty numbweed jars, that kind of crap - but I promise you are not expected to inventory it. Let's just make sure it's dumped somewhere else safely and the next time I get a batch of Candidate apprentices who think we're their 3 hour a day playtime that can be their job."

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 10:58 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
"Ah hah! So you're to blame! You know, when I first came up a few days ago, I couldn't even get the door open because stuff had fallen down behind it. Now I know I can blame someone for it." There was a cheeky mirth to her words as she gleefully grabbed hold of a new, non dust-filled rag and bottle of cleaning agent. "I did think about doing that. But figured I should at least open the top to make sure it's not valuable or filled with something useful I can pilfer. Like crates of biscuits so I can hide them as emergency rations should we ever run out of food."

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 10:39 PM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
Cremsden laughed. "You know it is just *slightly* possible that I dumped half of these here unopened when I cleared out the training rooms," he admitted. "Which is to say unless you desperately want to check all of them in case you find something useful I wouldn't bother. Not your job to find out where things *should* live. Just have to find some other conveniently empty space to dump them in and make them someone else's problem."

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 9:40 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
The "pshaw" and wave of her hand suggested that she didn't think that would be happening to her any time soon. Maybe in a week. "I'm starting to think they lied to me. There isn't a weyr under all of this. Just more mountains of boxes." She looked around as if wondering where to start first. That was part of the problem, there was so much in the way that she couldn't decide what needed to be done. "I got Ponth's ledge cleared first so she could sleep there. And I managed to get my bed in around that corner." The "weyr" was an unusual shape in that the door entering it entered into a narrow hallway first. The short wall had evidently come down at some point but had then allowed for a smaller cave-like section to be revealed which she was hoping she would be able to put a curtain across in order keep her bed from sight.At some point, she suspected that her "sleeping area" had in fact been some form of adjoining cupboard or similar. It then opened out into a smaller area where the stove could just about be seen in the corner. All being well, there would be just enough room for a couple of chairs and low table.

Through all of this was a narrow trail that led to the way to Ponth's new ledge and somewhere, somewhere behind all of the rubbish, was a door to what she hoped was a still functioning bathing pool. But at this rate, she had already consigned herself to the possibility that it would be nothing more than a glorified hole in the ground.

Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM.