Re: Things Aren't as Shiny as They Seem Atten: I'des/Kalain

Steelsilver

"That sounds rough." I'des sympathized. "You've got friends now, though, yeah?" A pause, scrubbing at a particularly stubborn spot. "Where is the Whercraft based?"

On Thursday, April 9, 2020, sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:
"Sort of." Kalain turned back to washing. "My dad would come visit,  but my mom mostly acknowledged me to parade me around. She loves Sarati and Kashara to a lesser extent. The rest of us she could take or leave. Mostly leave. But I was the son of a goldrider. When I was young that was cool. As I got older and it became clear that my mom didn't care much about me, the other kids just made fun of me. I didn't have a real friend until I became a Candidate."

--
Sent from my phone!