Re: Things Aren't as Shiny as They Seem Atten: I'des/Kalain

sailyn2

"Sort of." Kalain turned back to washing. "My dad would come visit,  but my mom mostly acknowledged me to parade me around. She loves Sarati and Kashara to a lesser extent. The rest of us she could take or leave. Mostly leave. But I was the son of a goldrider. When I was young that was cool. As I got older and it became clear that my mom didn't care much about me, the other kids just made fun of me. I didn't have a real friend until I became a Candidate."