Re: Through Glom Of Nit Attn Idri Cremsden

Laura Walker

Cremsden grinned at her, mischief surfacing through the drowsiness. "In a manner of speaking."

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 7:11 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
When Idri had seen the notes, she had first been surprised. Then she had been suspicious. If it hadn't been for the fact that she recognised the Healer's name at the top of the sheet, she would have suspected one of the new Candidate Apprentices to have gotten it wrong. But it was Cremsden. "I'm not sure what I want to know." She looked suspicious. "Did Tyne seem like she'd taken anything to relax herself?" Because in all actuality, that wouldn't surprise her. Her former charge could be surprisingly devious when she wanted to be.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 6:30 PM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
That brought a tired laugh out of Cremsden. "Ah, you want to know the secret of her magically good readings?" he teased, but it got cut off by a yawn partway through. "Ugh. Sometimes you half-wish for a disaster just so you can wake up."

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 6:22 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
"Nyeeeeeh." It was about as close to an audible grumble as she could shape into words at the silly time of night. She stepped closer, inspecting it closely as if it might magically turn itself into something drinkable by staring at it sadly. Then she properly noticed Cremsden and she bumped his arm with hers in a friendly manner. "Is the bad klah the reason Tyne's latest pressure readings were so wonky?"

She'd not had chance to ask Tyne herself and although she wasn't formally Tyne's minder anymore, but rather something of a responsible adult contact for her, Idri still made sure she was up to date on the woman's medical file.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 5:53 PM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
"It's brewing," Cremsden said, not bothering to look around at the footsteps behind him. "Five minutes and it'll be drinkable, ten and it might be halfway decent."

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 5:50 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
It was fast approaching that time of a night shift where your brain casually reminded you that it should have been sleeping HOURS ago and attempted to cease to function. That was all well and good if you were allowed to sleep. Not so much when you were monitoring a feverish juvenile on the ward. Finally though, Idri had coaxed the youngster into sleep and seized the opportunity. A breath of air, a splash of cold water and a very large mug of klah. That would do the trick.

With the first two obtained and already feeling better for it, she had made her way to the ever ready klah stand, not remotely surprised to see another body there but with their back turned and the Infirmary lights reduced to let patients sleep, she couldn't entirely make them out.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 4:55 PM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
A quiet nightshift was a blessing and a curse. A blessing because you didn't need to think, a curse because the seconds lasted hours and you *still had to be awake*.

Cremsden had been attempting to use the time constructively but he had a sneaking suspicion that his notes for future apprentice lectures weren't even going to make sense to himself. Particularly not the past where he had failed to notice that he had come to the edge of the paper and continued writing on the desk, possibly because his eyes were shut at the time.

He reached for a mouthful of klah and looked sadly into an empty mug. Well, a leg stretch might wake him up at least and if he needed to make a fresh batch so much the better.

Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM.