Re: We Have to Stick Together (Ay'shen/Ambrelli)

Aaron

"Then, I suppose, we're friends now." And if it was all an elaborate ruse to lure him away to kill him where no one would notice Ohselth go between, well. Then so be it. It was less a feeling of distrust and more a resignation to the consequences of his trust, one way or the other.

"You're still healing dragons, then. I take it the Infirmary crowd has found out where you've been and the like..." Or else she would not still feel the way he felt. "Well. It's been a while since I had company. But I'll get another chair so we can both sit down. And maybe we can have dinner together every now and again."

***

Ambrelli shrugged.  "They left when it all started to fall apart, right about when the gold flight happened.  It was less of getting away than surviving."  She listened to him describe his time at the Weyr.  She felt guilty listening to it in some ways.  He'd done so much less than she had, yet he had been more harshly punished.  "It's hard to rebuild those friendships.  We both lost so much.  I was willing to give everything, everything except what they took in the end."

She smiled at him, her lips drawn back in a sad smile.  "I'd like that very much, for us to be friends.  You're probably one of the few people on this continent that will ever understand how I feel, and I you."