Re: We Have to Stick Together (Ay'shen/Ambrelli)

TrueTricia

Ambrelli shrugged.  "They left when it all started to fall apart, right about when the gold flight happened.  It was less of getting away than surviving."  She listened to him describe his time at the Weyr.  She felt guilty listening to it in some ways.  He'd done so much less than she had, yet he had been more harshly punished.  "It's hard to rebuild those friendships.  We both lost so much.  I was willing to give everything, everything except what they took in the end."

She smiled at him, her lips drawn back in a sad smile.  "I'd like that very much, for us to be friends.  You're probably one of the few people on this continent that will ever understand how I feel, and I you."