Re: We Have to Stick Together (Ay'shen/Ambrelli)

Aaron

"I'm glad they all got away, too," Ay'shen said of the names he recognized. "I thought when I first got here that I should keep my distance from the ones I saved. I was grounded and on home arrest for a little while as punishment for my part in it, and the other riders all knew it."

"So when I was allowed to start eating in the dining cavern and start training with my new wing, I didn't try to talk to my old friends again. And... well, since I pushed them away to try to protect them from my reputation, I can't really complain that we haven't been the best of friends any more."

"I guess what I'm trying to say is, I think I understand how you feel. And if you want someone to talk to, I won't push you away, too."

***

"At Igen, there were a couple of us," she named a coupl blue and greenriders he might have known.  "They were good people, a few having never been Resistance either, that like us, just got caught in the swell of the tide.  It was less lonely being with them..."

She looked at him again, her eyes calmer now.  "I think when I saw you, I'd hoped that I could finally meet someone here who could both know me and not hate me at the same time.  Because right now, I feel like those are the only options with everyone else."