Re: Real Babies and Healer Babies: Both Are Exhausting Attn Yiyu

Laura Walker

"Close enough. You'll end up sharing some lessons with those on the human side. Ethics and hygiene fall under similar rules no matter the species of your patient," Cremsden said cheerfully. "And no-one wants you stuck in a position where you lose the dragon because you didn't know basic human first aid and were the only Healer on-scene." He grinned at her, clearly friendly if tired. "I'd normally suggest we go for a quick chat but.. as you have two free hands, would you mind doing me a favour and filling this here mug first? More difficult one-handed than you might think and if I set him down he'll squall the place down."

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 12:32 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
She took his hand automatically, now more bemused than afraid. She smiled distractedly at the little one, but found herself admitting, "I'm with the Dragonhealers, actually."

On Apr 9, 2020, at 6:30 AM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

"One of our new apprentices." Cremsden smiled at her, setting his mug - still empty, alas - down, and shifting Arden to his shoulder so he could offer her his hand. "Journeyman Cremsden. Apologies - I'd normally be around to settle you in when you joined us, but this young man has had me at home more than usual."

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 12:25 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"New ones?" Yiyu repeated, startled at first and not a little nervous to find herself addressed by a man. The fact that he was holding a baby made him less threatening in her eyes, but not by much. Still, she assayed a smile and desperately tried to think if she remembered him from anywhere.

On Apr 9, 2020, at 6:02 AM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

It was probably not the best time for Cremsden to be moving his shifts around. The time before a hatching usually saw an influx of Candidate Apprentices and those didn't work nights. There wasn't much he could do about that other than ask those he trusted to keep an eye on them while he did a rota from afar but he did at least try to make it down to the Infirmary during the day occasionally, even if it was with a tiny baby in tow.

He was trying to juggle said tiny baby while also pouring a klah - ten days or so in to being a father and he was starting to feeling distinctly heavy-eyed - when he spotted a new face. "Hello there," he greeted, stifling a yawn. "You one of our new ones?"