Re: Yes, she's meant to be this size. Yes, we've been asked before. (Dytha/Ambrelli)

Nutmeg

Dytha never entirely knew how to accept offers of help - even when it was obviously offered in goodwill. It always made a rebellious voice mutter that it was only charity out of pity. Instead she managed a gracious, "I'll keep that in mind."

She listened to Ambrelli's feelings on the Craft. And admittedly wanted to roll her eyes a little - but then, Dytha really wasn't the touchy-feely type. It hadn't gotten her anywhere so she had learned to be practical and cynical. It was something of a coping method, to be sure but then again, that coping method had been what had made her so good at her studies. So maybe it was something similar for Ambrelli. She had seen the flicker of emotion on the woman's face, something that Dytha couldn't put her finger on. "Well, I can't say that I fell in for reasons that struck such a chord with me. But I enjoy the payout. It makes a difference. You help a dragon, you help their Rider, which means you help their wing, help the Weyr and as a result, you're helping everyone else. It's a ripple effect."

Ponth was delighted that someone had asked. Dytha never did, merely obliging with an affectionate roll of her eyes. Dytha had long since accepted that it was just... Ponth. And there was no need to go about questioning it. Humans had oddities, so why couldn't dragons?

Why, whatever colour I think they should be! It very much depends on my mood. I like red the most. Really bright red.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 1:34 AM TrueTricia <tricia.nicewicz@...> wrote:
Ambrelli listened as the woman explained.  "That sounds terrible; I'm sorry.  With all the good we can do healing, it's got to be frustrating when you can't heal yourself."  Rum and running worked for her, but she doubted that would solve Dytha's problems.  Not like it was solving hers either.  "When it flares up, if you need anything, if Ponth needs anything..." she left the rest unsaid.  It wasn't that she was completely unselfish, but she didn't have many friends, any friends really, so being polite and nice to a fellow Dhealer that she was going to work with made sense.

"Well, I of the opinion that this is the best Craft there is, but then I'm a bit biased I suppose.  Healing a dragon is the purest thing I can ever hope to do," she said, her voice a bit sad despite the happy words.  The remnants of her guilt showed through in that, not that Dytha would recognize it.

Ambrelli's face lit up as Ponth spoke to her, a smile spreading across her face. Every time a dragon spoke to her, she was taken back to her childhood, to hearing her father's bronze in her mind for as long as she could remember.   "You honor me, Ponth.  What color are your talons normally?" she asked.  She walked over to the dark green dragon, her eyes appraising her, talking as she reviewed the dragon's physique, occasionally touching her.  "Incredible..."

Florcott on AIM.