Re: These Little Moments (ATTN: Yiyu/Tyne)

Nutmeg

It was a curious sight, that was for sure, a tiny kitten sitting in the girl's hair. But no different to a baby flit that liked to do the same. Tyne considered Yiyu's words for a minute, evidently contemplating it with far more seriousness than the situation deserved. "May I have some fruit? If that's okay?" It was funny how she always had to just... check these days. Once, if she was feeling really uppity, she probably would have walked over and taken the whole basket and poor Yiyu would have had nothing but a "thank-you" tossed over her shoulder for the trouble. But of course, that was then.

She approached the girl, eyes ever watching the small feline out of abject curiosity. "Are you settling in? You started at a good time if there's a clutch on the sands."

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 11:38 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"Oh, no, I make sure she stays out of the barracks," Yiyu swiftly reassured. "She's only a couple of days in my company and she likes my hair. A lot."

The Candidate shifted her gaze to the small basket of fruit and cheese she'd come by. "Would you like something to eat?"
On Apr 8, 2020, at 5:30 PM, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

"You have a kitten in your hair."

The statement came out far more matter of fact that Tyne had intended. Her brain had stuttered with surprise and her eyes widened. That hadn't been something she had expected to see. "You didn't have it last time. Is it new?" She watched the creature curiously. And part of her wondered why she had never gotten a feline - she could see how their aloof personalities would have appealed to her. But then of course, she mentally answered her own question. Because there had been Bobbin. And she hadn't needed or wanted any other small companion for company. "You'd best make sure she behaves, I hear the Candidatemaster doesn't like pets running wild in the Barracks."

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 4:26 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"Yes," the Candidate agreed, returning the smile even as she studied Tyne's gaze. A sof t sound emmitted from the warm bundle tangled in her hair and a black, darkly striped head popped up to study Tyne as well.

"Did you wish to be alone?" Yiyu queried.

On Apr 6, 2020, at 3:55 AM, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

Everywhere had felt too small. Too boxed in. Today had been a claustrophobic day. She needed air. And the brood needed oiling. It hadn't taken more than a heartbeat to decide where she was going to go and she had made her way up to her secret spot where the faire was already waiting for her, she could hear them calling as she had approached up the tunnel.

She had started at first to see Yiyu, but recognition touched her eyes and a smile curled her lips. "You get the best view of the sunset from here." Well, maybe not the best in the whole Weyr, but Tyne was more than a little biased.

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 7:17 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
They were quiet little times, these trips she took up near the rim. She hadn't seen Tyne here, but had always made sure to leave the space clean no matter if she carried a kitten with her or a stack of books. This evening, she was watching the sunset, tiny black kitten lost in her mass of hair, purring softly.

A footstep scraped against stone. She turned, smiled hesitantly. The flock of flits foretold whom she would see soon enough.

Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM.