Re: We Have to Stick Together (Ay'shen/Ambrelli)

TrueTricia

Ambrelli listened to him, to his story, so similar to her own.  That feeling of betrayal, of being used, and then being alone.  She reached up and put a hand on his arm.  "You did what you could, Ay'shen.  Everyone else thinks they would have done something different, but we did the best we could.  And you saved riders and dragons, as many as you could.  There is a honor in that."  She sighed heavily.  "They lied to us; they lied to us and they made us into the opposites of what we wanted to be.  It was a terrible kind of cruelty that we have to live with and bear the guilt of."

She listened to him describe being homelessness.  "I'm back here, but this isn't the home I left.  I don't know what I expected, but I felt like I was hiding at Igen.  Arolos is where my parents loved me, where I grew up.  But most importantly, it's the last place I can be truly proud of who I was.  I think coming back here was about confronting the difference between who I used to be and who I am now."

She looked at him.  "How have you survived by yourself this whole time?"  The strength of character that took...she didn't have that.