Re: A lullaby to make time fly. (Ysolde/Delysia)

mglady3@...

It was the kind guard who spoke again, holding up his hand in the universal sign for `slow down and take a deep breath`. "It's alright, miss." He said, giving Ysolde an encouraging smile. "I can ask if she has time to see you. Who should I say is calling?"

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 2:40 AM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
That the man spoke to her so kindly helped, he reminded her an awful lot of her own father and she managed a small smile but inwardly she cursed. Why hadn't she thought to make an appointment?! Of course a Goldrider's time would be scheduled to the ends of the earth, each second managed and made space for. "No, she's not..." she admitted reluctantly. But then again, she didn't have to even be there, not really! "... She doesn't have to see me directly if she's not got time. I didn't stop to think about how busy she would be." Sheepishly she held out the carefully rolled scroll. "I just wanted to give her this. It's a present for Razelth - well, her too if she wants it. And I don't mind if she doesn't! It's just a thought. I know she must get inundated with silly things like this!"

The last couple of sentences came out as a garbled rush and she fidgeted, clearly looking more than a little nervous. "You can check it if you need to. It's nothing bad or nasty. Just, just a silly little lullaby that I thought she might like to play for Razelth and her eggs."

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 3:51 AM <mglady3@...> wrote:
The guards looked back at her, their expressions politely stoic. Delysia received her share of visitors, of course, as a goldrider must, but they did not tend to be young candidate girls. The one on the right, an older man with children of his own who thought Ysolde reminded him a little of his eldest, was the one who spoke up. "Is the goldrider expecting you, miss?" He asked, not unkindly.

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 1:43 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
It had taken asking more people than she had thought before someone remembered that yes, Delysia had been involved in the Harper Craft before Impressing and that she had had a good musical ear with the gitar. It had been the information she had hoped for.

Ever since she had chanced on the Goldrider and then again seen her at the Barracks, Ysolde had been more than a little enamoured. Not romantically, but in Delysia, Ysolde had seen everything in a woman that she hoped that someday, she might remotely resemble. A Goldrider had to be a good role model, right? Even if she hadn't exactly won the favour of Weyrwoman Kassia. And her current punishment of drudge duties and helping Candidatemaster Nayari with what seemed like a small mountain of paperwork and filing hadn't exactly made for the most free time.

So it had taken longer than planned and involved paying a Harper with a small jewelled necklace she had finished that she had been intending to sell for considerable marks at the next Gather, but it was done. And that was the important part. She had had the man write up a Northern lullaby that her mother used to sing to her. And even better, it was written for a gitar player.

She had a rare moment of free time but she knew where the Goldrider's office was. And he was hoping that Delysia would be there and not at the Cavern with Razelth. She didn't want to do this in front of a group of Candidates. Just in case it didn't go down well. In private she could save face. In public... well, probably not as much. Ysolde had gone to the effort of making sure she was clean and smart, her wild hair neatly braided and wearing a neat, freshly cleaned uniform as she made her way up to the Goldrider offices. She saw several guards near the doors and swallowed a nervous gulp. She knew they had guards. Oh yes, he did.

"Excuse me? Does anyone know if Goldrider Delysia is in her office?"

Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM.