Re: We Have to Stick Together (Ay'shen/Ambrelli)

Aaron

"I've been better," said Ay'shen with a sad smile. "But I think I'm content to wait until you're feeling courageous enough to tell me your story. Ohselth is always sad. He doesn't understand. He has a few friends, but it's not the same as before. Most of the dragons who won't talk to him don't even remember why, but... It's hard to reason with a dragon who doesn't remember why he's made up his mind."

***

"It is a long story, and one I'll need a bit more liquid courage to tell," she said, taking a big sip of the wine as if to jump start that process.  "When I saw you today... I don't know how to explain it.  I want to forget that part of my life so bad, but it haunts me," she looked around again, "as I think it does you.  And who else can understand that.  So when I saw you, I just..." she shrugged.  Now that she could talk about it, the numerous monologues in her head all seemed to vanish.

"How have you been?"  It was perhaps an odd question, given that she could see the evidence of his penance and guilt around her.  "How is Ohselth?" she asked.  She never forgot a dragon.  Riders yes, but not dragons.