Re: You're willing to take me back, right? (Dytha/Larsin)

Nutmeg

"Mendl!" Dyha recognised the other Healer and she was given a rare smile. Dytha was genuinely pleased to see her. She'd come to realise just how insulated she had been as a Weyrling. Sure, they had been granted more freedom as they approached their graduation but for the most part, they just seemed to stick with each other. And that was more than a little awkward when a good percentage of your classmates were either avidly talking about their new roles or were still so young they wouldn't be leaving the Weyrling Wing any time soon. She laughed heartily at Mendl's quip. "There's a surprise. Fancy themselves to be these incredible Healers and faint at the first sight of ichor. Bunch of wherryheads." She began to set off towards the back, pausing to shout over her shoulder. "I've not got a huge amount of time but send me your shift schedule - when you're about for it, lets go and get some lunch or something." It was a rare invitation, rarer still for Dytha to offer one so freely. Maybe she could make some of her old acquaintances into something more resembling a friend.

She headed through the Infirmary, approaching the section that Mendl had been referring to. She didn't go directly in, instead calling out. "Master Larsin? Are you free to speak?"

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 9:12 PM Laurie <Laurie.Lynne@...> wrote:
Mendl looked up from the tinctures she was creating. "Hi Dytha. Long time. Yes, he's in back with a green that was injured last Threadfall." She put down her supplies. "I heard that your group was mostly going back into your crafts, right? I'm glad to see you're back. So far all the apprentices who've come here have left  screaming for the Beastcraft." She giggled. "Wusses."

On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 4:22 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
As much as she had been looking forward to this day, she was also terrified. Oh, Master Larsin had told her when she had impressed that she could come back. But that had been so long ago. Almost three turns and Dytha's sensible head told her that it was entirely likely that he had found a new protege by now.In fact it had been several months since she had been able to see him at all, caught up in the finalisation of her drill training and eventual graduation.

But she had told the Weyrlingmasters she would be returning to her Craft. Now she needed to find out whether that was still even a viable plan. She had checked the schedule and knew that the Master was due to be working that day and she had made sure she was refreshed and smart. Most importantly, she had ensured that she had her ace in the hole. The research project she had worked on detailing the growth rate of the 2nd Pass weyrling dragons. It was a thick and well used journal. She had documented it all. Including her own experiences with Ponth.

It was well into the morning by the time she actually plucked up the courage to head down to the Infimary, going through to the dragon side and looking around for any familiar faces. "Hey, has anyone seen Master Larsin?" she called out, knowing full well that with her luck, he was up to his elbows in dragon guts and far too busy to speak with the likes of her.

Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM.