Re: Hide and Seek (ATTN: Garatt)

Jessica Freise

The extent of Yiyu's personable nature was exhausted. She simply shook her head and resumed ehr book, deciding she was beating her head against a stone wall.

On Mar 31, 2020, at 6:15 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

"I mean, sure, but everyone says things like that at first and the Searchrider only met me for about an hour if that so.." Garatt gestured to show that really, that could mean nothing. "Anyone can look fine for an hour, particularly with their father and tutor standing right behind them to show them how to behave right. It's later it turns out you were actually not that good anyway." He didn't even sound particularly sad about it, just world-weary as though he had already had time to think this through and come to terms with it.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 11:54 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
Yiyu blinked. She thought much the same way sometimes. Her hands clasped in front of her, a nervous gesture, even as she murmured, "They picked me to come here. I believe that means we're worhy each in our own way."

On Mar 31, 2020, at 5:52 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Garatt shrugged again, clearly searching for words. "You don't get - I mean, the searchrider was kind and all but people don't pick me for things like that," he said matter-of-factly. Things like that went to other people, people who were good at things.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 11:33 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"But what if you did?" she protested, wanting to strangle him in a very un-Yiyu like fashion.