Re: Hide and Seek (ATTN: Garatt)

Jessica Freise

"But what if you did?" she protested, wanting to strangle him in a very un-Yiyu like fashion.

On Mar 31, 2020, at 5:31 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

"Uh. Berford Hold. I *said*," Garatt said, looking a little baffled by the questioning. "A few days ago? And.. I'm probably not going to Impress, am I?" He shrugged his shoulders, not particularly happy or sad about this, just accepting. "I mean, there's how many of us and how many eggs? So.. that's probably not going to happen."

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 11:27 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"Where did you come? How long have you been here? What color do you hope to Impress?" He was infuriating, Yiyu decided on the spot.

On Mar 31, 2020, at 5:17 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Garatt looked at the floor and then up at the ceiling as though searching for the answer to that question. None became apparent. "Like.. what?" he said after a moment's awkward silence, unable to disguise that even as he asked he was sneaking little glances at the open page.

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 11:52 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"I'm not going to take it," she explained, wondering if anyone could really be this infuriating. "I just thought we might talk, too If I'm sharing books and space with you, I'd like to know who you are. More than just a name, please."

On Mar 30, 2020, at 5:41 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Garatt looked at her blankly, and then down at the book, apparently misunderstanding her request. He clutched it a little closer protectively. "But I'm reading it!"

Shards, he had her there. Even so, she felt strange. Somehow as though he'd invaded her privacy, in spite of the simple fact that she shouldn't have expected this place to remain her own. Sighing, she leaned back against the wall and studied him.

"I suppose you're right, but might I at least get more than your name?"