Re: Born at the Right Time - Attn:Margana, R'tal, Cremsden

Laurie

"I think that would be a good idea. He's already on duty, so I'm sure he'll be there. And I'm doubly sure that K'ren won't allow him to help with the birth." She didn't want him there in Healer capacity. He needed to be there as her moral support.

One final boost, and Margana was on Zlorenth's neck. The blue gently lifted off, which Margana knew was horribly difficult for him. But it was worth it, to not have to walk the distance to the Infirmary.

Zlorenth set down and several Healer apprentices were there to help her off, along with Journeyman Healer Rulynn. "Don't you know babies are supposed to come in the wee hours of the morning?" Ru said as she helped Margana waddle to a room set up specifically for birthing.

"Tell you what---once this kid is old enough to understand, you tell them that," Margana replied.

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 11:41 AM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
"Right, right, I'll tell K'ren to expect you. Someone will be there. Er." R'tal glanced at her awkwardly, even as he tried to gently nudge her towards Zlorenth. "You want that I should tell him to tell your Healer guy?"

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 4:04 PM Laurie <Laurie.Lynne@...> wrote:
Margana gritted her teeth as another spasm hit. "Not immediately, but soon. I haven't...how about you get me to Zlorenth. I can, yeah, sideways would be good. And he doesn't have to fly, just skim. You tell everyone to move out of the way." No one would give R'tal trouble if he told them to move.

Feck, she didn't remember this hurting so much. There was a reason she didn't have any more babies after Kegan.

{{I can help with the pain?}} Zlorenth said/asked.

[[Let's wait until after we get me to the infirmary. You get as close as you can to the door. I'm going to sit on your neck. Sideways.]]

{{I'll take care of you.}}

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 8:17 AM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
"I don't-- can you-- side saddle maybe?" R'tal blurted, words tumbling over each other. "Isn't that what the Holder ladies do? I-- Is it going to come out *now*?"

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 1:13 PM Laurie <Laurie.Lynne@...> wrote:
"Do I look like I'm in any shape to be riding a dragon right now?" Margana snapped. Her contractions were coming faster than she expected--weren't they supposed to be at longer intervals? Those lying Healers.

"I'm sorry. I'm not sure...hmm. Maybe I can ride Zlorenth. It's not far to the Infirmary. Maybe you could help me get on Zlorenth and then you can alert the Healers that I'm coming?"

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 4:06 PM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
"Your water--" R'tal was about to say that water spilt, it didn't just break when his mind caught up. "Oh, oh shards. Do you need -- no, that's stupid, you don't need a lift you've got your own dragon. Uh-- what do we do?"

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 8:04 PM Laurie <Laurie.Lynne@...> wrote:
It wasn't the fact that her water broke that had Margana a bit...peeved. It was the fact that it broke all over the floor which she had just cleaned. And now had to clean it again.

"Grrrrr," she growled. "I just washed this floor. But my water broke and now I need to clean it again." Then a massive pain hit her, and she could swear she felt her belly ripple. She bent over, clutching her belly in pain. "Or not."

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 3:02 PM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
It may or may not have been the best time for R'tal to wander in with his notes on the wingriders.

"Right, I thought it was time to go through and move some of our people about a bit," he said briskly. "Some of those newer greens and blues in particular are being wasted right now - I had them in safer positions while they got used to the wing but if they've got the speed--" he broke off, looking at Margana. "Everything okay?"

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 2:48 PM Laurie <Laurie.Lynne@...> wrote:
Margana waddled into her office, ready for another day at work. It wasn't like she could do anything else--R'tal had grounded her, and Cremsden hovered around her like a mother flit. Thankfully he was on duty today so she could go file paperwork in peace.

{{Are you feeling OK today?}} Zlorenth asked.

[[Not you too. I'm fine.]]

{{But you're going to clutch soon. I can feel it.}}

True. Zlorenth was pretty tuned in to her feelings these days. Once he clued her in about the pregnancy and she went to Healer Rulynn to confirm it (Zlorenth wanted to know when she got a second heart. Surprise!) he had been solicitously monitoring her. On the one hand, she knew she could take care of herself so why was everyone on her, but she also enjoyed being fussed over.

The fact that Cremsden wanted them to raise the child themselves was another story. Margana didn't think she was cut out for motherhood, no matter how well she had raised Karla and Tamalak. But they hadn't been babies!

She filed everything that needed filing, plus things that didn't. She rearranged the filing system so it made more sense to her. She sat down for a moment to rest her aching feet, but was soon up again, cleaning her office, and started in on R'tal's office. All before R'tal even made it in for the day.

{{Don't you think you should slow down a bit?}} Zlorenth asked.

[[Too full of energy.]]

Celestia chose that moment to come flying in and landed on Margana's shoulders, causing her to sit back on the chair she had just vacated.

[[Zlorenth?]]

{{Hah! She listens to me.}}

Fine, she'd sit for a little longer. But the baby was kicking, and she was cramping a little. Celestia squawked again. Margana froze.

{{And here we go. You'd better get to the Infirmary,}} Zlorenth said.

But she hadn't had any contractions yet...oh! Fine, she just started getting them. But there was such a thing as false labor pains, that usually happened several days before...

[[Fine. Celestia and I are going,]] she said.

Then her water broke.

Feck.