Re: Now I have ALL the friends! (Tyne/R'zzon)

Nutmeg

Her expression took on a mischievous bent as she gently pulled back the blanket some more. A blanket that had begun to rustle and move of its own accord. "All of them." she beamed as one by one, the tiny and yawning heads of baby firelizards began to pop up between the folds like springs popping out of a mattress. Three... four... five... six... seven.. eight...nine.

Tyne looked nothing but proud of herself and Bobbin stuck her head into the top of the basket, whistling softly at the sleepy babies, a bizarre echo of the way in which Tyne cooed and fussed over her little brood.

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 4:08 PM Laurie <Laurie.Lynne@...> wrote:
"What the..." R'zzon looked at the two babies she showed him. Two baby firelizards. "So you Impressed a couple more firelizards?" he said in confusion. But they were so close together. And it was such a large basket...

Suddenly he was wide awake.  "How many friends did you make?" he asked. Panagath was chuckling in the background. R'zzon had the feeling that if Panagath were human, he'd be rolling on the floor right now.

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 9:57 AM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
"Friends!" she proclaimed again. "You need to wake up some more. You're not making full sentences." Of course, she hadn't known that the poor man had probably only had a mere handful of hours of sleep. She reverently pored over the basket, cooing at it slightly. "I made lots of friends yesterday. At the beach! And they're Bobbin and Cairn's friends too!" Never mind that Cairn wasn't entirely sure about how he felt about the new little interlopers, Bobbin was positively infatuated, no doubt her own maternal streak as a gold feeding from Tyne's own adoration.

She reached for R'zzon's arm, pulling at his sleeve to pull him closer to the table. "You need to be quiet, you'll scare them. They're sleeping." The words were punctuated by barely contained giggles as she eased the lid of the basket halfway off. "Wakey wakey" she cooed into the basket, pulling the folds of a blanket aside to reveal two tiny firelizards, one brown and one green, fast asleep and their bellies distended from their recent breakfast.

On Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 1:27 PM Laurie <Laurie.Lynne@...> wrote:
"Friends?" R'zzon's sleep muddled mind could barely keep up with Tyne's exuberance. His eyes fell upon the basket, but he didn't see what was in it. The way Cairn and Bobbin were hovering around the basket was some type of clue. Something important in the basket. He struggled with connecting the dots.

Cairn and Bobbin were firelizards. Firelizards were small dragons. Dragons were always wanting to eat. Therefore, the basket must have food in it. He nodded, pleased with himself that he'd been able to think rationally.

{{Firelizards are not small dragons, thank you very much,}} Panagath said. {{I'm insulted that you would ever think that.}}

R'zzon ignored him.

"But haven't Bobbin and Cairn always been your friends?" he asked her.

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 4:28 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
Tyne was beaming so widely that one wrong move would probably split her face from ear to ear as R'zzon opened his door and bleared at her. Somewhere through the waves of sated sleep and overwhelming glee, she noted his barely awake face.

"Wake up sleepy! I brought my new friends to meet you!"

Brandishing the basket high, she jostled past him into his weyr, practically bouncing with ever step. Like arrows from a bow, Bobbin and Cairn shot after her, settling on the table that Tyne gently set her basket on and huddling around it. It was clear that both flits were on high alert, heads twitching every which way as though assessing the entire room for any possible dangers.

"I made friends! All on my own!" And she was so achingly pleased about that fact. It radiated from her as she puffed up her slim frame and an innocence seemed to ripple from her. It wasn't the strange, childlike Tyne she had been, rather, it was the image of someone who was surrounded by a bubble of innocent naivety. A bubble that kept all of the bad things away. Besides, she was so giddy with all the new noise in her head that it made her feel drunk and the feeling of sated baby flits in her head made her feel heavy and clumsy like she was wading through water. It was delightful. Feelings in a way that she hadn't thought she would remotely feel every again. Patching up the Myrandith space. Not forgetting it. Just making it more bearable. Draping it with brightly coloured flags that made the hole seem a little smaller. Keeping Myrandith sacred. Just... easier to bear.

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 8:00 PM Laurie <Laurie.Lynne@...> wrote:
R'zzon had been on late watch, and had fallen into bed in the early hours of the morning. Therefore, he didn't at first hear the persistent knocking.

{{Hey, boyo, your girlfriend's here,}} an amused Panagath said, waking him up from a sound sleep. He wasn't sure what he'd been dreaming about, but whatever it was, he'd liked it. and wanted more.

[[My what?]] he sleepily asked.

{{The no-longer-goldrider you've been around a log.}}

Tyne? First he bolted up from bed, then realized that if something had happened, Idri would be there and not Tyne herself. "Hang on," he called out, quickly donning a semi-clean shirt and pants. Barefoot he padded over to his door.

"Hi," he said, almost tongue-tied. He didn't see anything untoward at first so he motioned her in. "Come on in. Is everything alright?"

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 1:36 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
OoC: Fuzzied back approximately 2 months and set the day after Tyne finds her brood.

IC: When she had turned up back at home, beaming with rapturous happiness, Idri hadn't know whether to laugh, cry, shout or all of the above. As Tyne had waded into their living quarters, baby firelizards hanging off almost every inch of her (or so it had seemed), the poor Healer had spent the next hour trying to figure out two things, one - what in the wide world had happened and two - had her charge found a nest that didn't belong to her and they were about to get a very angry owner banging on the door.

The story had come out, coaxed between Tyne's distracted thoughts and copious giggles as she bathed and oiled each and every one of her new charges, wrapped in the wonderful cacophony of emotion that flooded her mind and Myrandith's empty space. The sun was barely sunk below the Rim before Idri had found the dragonless woman fast asleep on the couch, exhausted by her day's adventure and snoring lightly.

She had been left there until late into the following morning when Tyne had awoken to the sensation of hunger. Hers and that of nine others. Idri had abandoned her to go to a shift and truth be told, had needed to run away in order to figure out what she was going to do with Tyne. Tyne hadn't cared. No one had told her off and she was so enveloped in new sensations that she drifted along in a bubble of delirious happiness as she spent a blissful two hours tending to her new flock.

There was someone else that she was itching to tell as well. She had tried to make her new friends cling to her like they had yesterday but now, fat and sated they were lazy and snoring. With a "hmph!" she had found something even better, one of the baskets Idri used to organise their laundry. Each little body was tucked into its own nest of a blanket and the basket scooped up as Tyne scampered down the tunnels, trying not to bounce her previous cargo too much. Bobbin and Cairn flew over her, the gold fiercely watching for predators. Her maternal streak had kicked off and then some as Tyne made her way to a familiar door and began rapping on it loudly and persistently.

Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM.