Re: Hide and Seek (ATTN: Garatt)

Jessica Freise

"I was lent them," she explained. "I was going to read them here. I don't mind sharing," she concluded, what little backbone she'd drummed up draining away as she slipped inside and sat down beside him.

"I'm Yiyu."

On Mar 25, 2020, at 6:55 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Garatt blinked at her, resisting the urge to just stick his nose back in the book and ignore her.

"They were just here," he pointed out reasonably. "And I didn't think we were allowed to own bits of space. Except our cots."

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 11:21 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
"I...."

She searched for the words she wanted.

"This is my spot and those," she tilted her head at the books, "are mine. I mean...."

On Mar 25, 2020, at 6:08 PM, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Garatt didn't even notice he was being watched for a few minutes. He'd had things he was meant to be doing, but then he'd seen the books and bent to see what they were. And they looked interesting, so the assignment he had been meant to complete had been forgotten as he settled down for five minutes which quickly become thirty. He was happily intent on his reading and when he did look up it was with a faint air of confusion, clearly wondering what she wanted. "Yes?"

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 10:29 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
Yiyu had discovered a small, uninteresting little niche she liked to with draw to when the bussel of the Weyr became a little to much. She'd hidden a few books there, fully expect them to be their the next day when she returned. And they were, a long with a vaguely familiar face. She stood in the opening to the niche and gazed at the slightly messy boy, wondering what she should do or say.