Re: Hiding In Plain Sight (ATTN: Rennitz, Any)

Jessica Freise

Yiyu startled slightly as the other young wooman appeared in front of her. The bright, welcoming smile wasn't unfamiliar; the Weyr had done nothing but welcome her. Still, she took a step or two back, clasping her hands before her in a nervous gesture.

"I'm....new," she all but whispered in agreement. "My name is Yiyu. I don't come from a  famous hold or anything..."

On Mar 24, 2020, at 11:37 AM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

Seeing a new face, and a rather glum one at that, Rennitz's heart lurched with empathy and excitement. She remembered that face on herself, being so unsure of her place in the Weyr and if she even belonged here, how much she wanted a friend. Making up her mind at just that, Rennitz went to greet the girl. Aranck watched nearby from a rock with vague interest.

"Hello there! Sorry if I'm bothering you- you're new here, aren't you?" Rennitz smiled at the girl warmly and gestured to her shoulder knots. "I'm Rennitz, a candidate like you. I come originally from Keroon, what about you?" There was much more that she wanted to say but she also didn't want to overwhelm the girl too much.