Re: I want an adventure, do you? (Ysolde/ANY) #medhunt @Lynn#6042 #medhunt

Cassandra

Kenzia took a deep breath and took the riders hand as she eyed the huge dragon in front of her.  Any dragon was huge at this point and she bit her lower lip then nodded to herself.  She could and would do this.  What was the worst thing that could happen? Well other than falling on her arse and injuring herself.  Yeah that could happen.  Tilting her head she reached up to start clambering up the dragon.  She had seen it done so in theroy she knew what she should be doing. "Umm I can't hurt him can I?" The last thing she wanted to do was make the brown dragon uncomfortable after all.

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 10:56 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
Kenzia broke the hormonal tension swirling through Ysolde, making her totally incapable of thinking beyond "handsome Rider" and she giggled. "Don't worry, I'm sure that I'll be the prime example of getting it wrong. I'll definitely wait until you're up and settled."

With the decision made, B'nnet moved alongside Verizoth's forelimb and held out his hand to Kenzia. "Feel free to grab on if you're a bit unsteady. Faranth knows dragons don't exact come with grab handles equipped." He tossed her a playful wink. "And please don't think you have to rush, end of the day we've got a good few days to see this thing through."

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 7:44 AM Cassandra <dragonmagic16@...> wrote:

“Thank you Verizoth.”  Kenzia said as she moved towards the foreleg.  She heisted for a moment but looked back at Ysolde to make sure the other woman didn’t want to go up first.  She was happy to embarrass herself and really she had to get used to this if she wanted to be a dragonrider.  “I can go I don’t mind.”  She grinned.  “I am happy to show you how NOT to do it.”  She laughed as she said it.  Sure she liked everything to be perfect but in truth she knew that she was going to do dumb things even as she matured.

On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 8:44 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
Kenzia wasn't the only one with blushing cheeks and Ysolde found herself giggling coyly. The brownrider was very handsome and his brown was such an unusual shade of brown that she couldn't help but stare at him. Already her juvenile mind was conjuring up fantasies of flying away into the sunset with this rider and his dragon that was the perfect shade of amber brown, a perfect match for a jewelcrafter's daughter....

Snapping herself out of it as Kenzia spoke, Ysolde's red cheeks became darker. "Uhm... I don't really know either..." she admitted after several long seconds. With a light hearted smile, B'nnet came to the rescue. "Never fear young ladies, we all have to climb a dragon for the first time. Verizoth will get himself nice and low, then you just need to climb up onto his extended forearm."

As if on cue, the brown hunkered down, almost flattening himself against the ground with one limb stretched out. "Now then," B'nnet said, "Are we going to flip a mark or is someone going to volunteer?"

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 2:44 AM Cassandra <dragonmagic16@...> wrote:
Kenzia could not stop the bright blush that spread across her cheeks at his word even if she tried.  "A pleasure to meet you Sir.  He is beautiful, your dragon." She said with her eyes widened at the sight of him.  She hadn't been around that many dragons and he was such a unique shade of brown.  She needed to sketch him one day if she could ever find him again.  She smiled and looked back at Ysolde then waved her forward, "do you want to go first? Because I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to mounting a dragon." She confided to the other candidate.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 1:21 AM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
OoC: Not a problem!

IC: "Nope!" Ysolde said cheerily as she began to lead the way towards a brownrider she had spotted was yet to be laden with adventurers. "Lets try this one!" Plus his dragon, with its strange shade of golden brown and peculiarly long headknobs didn't seem to be as huge as some of the others and that was still a comfort. Ysolde was still getting used to the idea of being so close to dragons. It was one thing to see them as specks in the sky, but something else to see them dwarfing the space in front of you.

B'nnet spotted the two Candidates approaching him and affected a sweeping bow as they arrived. "M'ladies," he crooned, smooth as butter. He had been looking forward to mingling with the Candidates and Verizoth had been too. It took him back to good memories of his own Candidacy, with some exceptions. "Brownrider B'nnet at your service, ferryman and general lackey to cater to your every whim."

Behind him, Verizoth let out a rumble that sounded a lot like a chuckle and turned his head towards Ysolde and Kenzia, his eyes whirling a bright shade of happy blue at them both.

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 10:48 AM Cassandra <dragonmagic16@...> wrote:

“You didn’t get searched by a dragon and flown here?” Kenzia asked then laughed at herself, “I mean I didn’t, I was at a gather.” She rolled her eyes as she said it, “I can’t believe dragons still search during that time.”  She shrugged her shoulders but pulled her own knapsack up and nodded.  “Let’s go find a dragon.”  She said as she went the line.  She wasn’t going to put her hat on yet as she wasn’t sure if it would get blown off by the flight.

Ooc: I’ll leave the dragonrider up to you if that’s okay?

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 10:15 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
"Not a clue!" Ysolde replied cheerily, "And it's a pleasure to meet you too." She was very much looking forward to this now that the uncertainty of company had been brushed aside. Adjusting the almost hilariously huge hat she was wearing, she pulled her knapsack onto her shoulders. "I think we're getting taken there on dragons!" she exclaimed excitedly. "I've never been on a dragon before, I'm not sure if I'm excited, terrified... or a bit of both!" She giggled and there was definitely a slight nervous pitch to it.

"Have you got everything you need? If so, we can go and join the ones waiting to mount up."

OoC: Feel free to volunteer a random or npc rider on your reply, or I can on mine xD

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 3:15 AM Cassandra <dragonmagic16@...> wrote:

Kenzia let out the soft breath she didn’t even know she was holding.  Smiling suddenly she inclined her head in acknowledgment, “I’m Kenzia, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”  Tucking some loose hair behind her ear she grinned fully then, “this is going to be fun.”  She hoped anyway, if she could keep her perfection tendencies to herself for a time.  “Do you know what we are meant to be looking for?”

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 7:08 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
She didn't want to get her hopes up when she saw the girl making her way towards her. Ysolde didn't even realise she was holding her breath until she let it out in a whoosh of air. It was reassuring to see that the girl looked about as awkward as she felt. This went against her principles on so many levels. Normally, she preferred to sit in the corner, quietly feeling everyone out and then making a decision from there. This felt much too.. disorganised.

Never the less, it was a relief for someone to have answered her literal call and she smiled in relief. "I'm Ysolde," she said, swinging her bag up onto her shoulder. "You're the first, which means by my reckoning, you get first dibs."

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 2:33 AM Cassandra <dragonmagic16@...> wrote:

Kenzia heard the other girl yell an tilted her head.  She had no idea why she was even here but she had decided maybe she needed to get out and met more people.  Pushing through the throng until she saw the female candidate she gave a little smile to her. “Umm sure if you no one else has come over yet?”  It was almost shy the smile she gave her. She didn’t want to push her way in but she also knew that if she didn’t get out more she was going to end up much more lonely than she was now.  She needed friends and this was one way to do it right?

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 8:28 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
When no one replied directly to her post, Ysolde tried to quell the disappointment and told herself that people probably just hadn't been paying attention. Instead, she trotted along to the main meeting point. She really wanted to go out on this adventure but at the same time, didn't want to lie to her father and go out on her own. Not to  mention, that just wouldn't be any fun at all.

Finding the gathered troops, flanked by various seniors, Crafters and Candidatemasters, Ysolde decided to be brave and just go for it. Cupping her hands around her mouth, she shouted over the group. "Anyone want to team up and go searching together?"

She had no idea what they were even meant to be looking for but maybe the Healers would fill them in on that. She had heard someone say something about numbweed and other plants that the Healers use, but her knowledge about plants was about as comprehensive as fresh snow before someone walked on it. In other words, blanker than a new slate.

On Sun, Aug 5, 2018 at 11:04 PM Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:
OoC: Set the morning of the hunt. Note, Ysolde is signed up to find the pseudo impression weed :P

When she had told her father that she had signed up to go on this exploration to the ruins with the Healers, he had been less than enamoured with the idea.Even less so when he decided that the Candidates were going to be allowed to practically run riot. Not true, of course, but that was fatherly paranoia for you.

Eventually, after sending a stern letter to Nayari enquiring about the matter, Ysolde had been given his blessings to go. Sort of. But only under strict instructions that she was to find a buddy and that she wasn't going to be going ANYWHERE without them. But it was a compromise at least. After the lecture about keeping covered up, carrying plenty of water and wearing a hat.

The afternoon before they were supposed to set off, Ysolde set up a notice on the main message board at the front of the Barracks. There was no way that it wasn't going to  be seen by at least someone, you had to pass it every time you left the Barracks.
-
Looking for an adventurer!
Are you joining the Healer hunt?
Looking for someone to stick with?
Meet me here after breakfast tomorrow!
-
No, it wasn't exactly award winning prose, but hopefully it would catch someone's eye. Truth be told, the more she thought on it, the more she thought that having someone to go with was probably the best thing to do. Didn't someone mention a wher attack the last time?

So there she was after breakfast, her bag packed with all the essential supplies she could think of, waiting nervously by her notice. Well, if push came to shove, she would just join the group and hope for the best, but hopefully it wouldn't come to that.
Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM.

Florcott on AIM.