Re: I'm not lost exactly (Ishixi/T'od)

Lindsay

"Shape, that's an interesting word," T'od mused aloud, "It's probably a little more like guidance than shaping. You can't always compel a dragon in the right direction so you have to use persuasion, as a rider, and sometimes downright force of will. I had very little of that with Awsonth, my bronze, but I was lucky - he was a wise old stick right from the get-go. But explaining to the youngsters that they *must* get the dragon to do what we say doesn't always go down well. Most of them are touchy teenagers after all, and with a constant ally by their side some of them think they rule the world. We have to show them, and help them learn, that it's not the case. No-one's more important than anyone else, we all have a part to play." He stopped and blinked in surprise at himself. "Sorry, that was a bit wordy. Too much information at once?" He sighed and smiled at the same time, "Yes, that's right. Usually in a Weyr, from what I understand, the golds are more regular with their risings. Things work a little different here - our golds are very much individuals! Have you ever been in a Weyr during goldflight?"

On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 at 02:41, Cassandra <dragonmagic16@...> wrote:
Ishi waited until he had gotten his food before she replied.  She knew better than to come between anyone and their stomach.  "It must be very rewarding, shaping the young riders." She frowned slighly as she played with her food before taking a bite.  "What do you do if there are no baby dragons?" Tilting her head to show that she was indeed interested in his answer.  T'od was intelligent and funny, a combination that she could see herself getting along with and Ishi was in dire need of friends at the Weyr.  "I haven't been here that long but even I have heard people talking about the Golds only rising recently?" She had no idea how that worked but she knew Gold flights could be...interesting.

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 7:19 PM Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
"Yes we do," T'od confirmed, "The youngsters go onto the Sands as Candidates, under the guidance and supervision of Candidatemasters. If they Impress they become the responsibility of us Weyrlingmasters, and become Weyrlings." He grinned at her. "Yeah it's busier than I expected it to be too, but I still wouldn't change it." He watched as she fetched herself some things to eat then chuckled at her instruction. "Yes ma'am. And I'm not one of the snippy bronzeriders that insist on being called sir all the time, unless it's one of the youngsters. You're welcome to call me T'od."

On 8 September 2018 at 10:36, Cassandra <dragonmagic16@...> wrote:

Licking her lips she gave him a half smile, “umm so Weyrlingmasters work with the young riders?”  She gave him a sheepish look.  “I’m sorry I haven’t been to that many Weyr placements.”  She wrinkled her nose a little.  “It, being a rider, sounds like it might be a bit busier than I originally thought.”  Ishi was not too proud to admit when she didn’t know something.  She was quick to get her food though, enough to tide her over for the rest of the day. Making her way back she smiled, “go get some food T’od.”  She hesitated over his name as she wasn’t sure if she could just call him that, “or am I meant to be calling you Bronzerider T’od or Sir?”

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 4:59 PM Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
T'od shrugged. "Not really," he told her, "There's more to being a rider that a lot of folk have no idea about. Like harness repairs, drill charts and paperwork. Plus I'm an Assistant Weyrlingmaster, so when we have young dragonpairs there's just no time for that sort of thing." He thought for a moment. Did he sound lonely? No, surely not, not with Awsonth always there for him. But he swung himself onto a bench and grinned at her, offering her one of the klah mugs. "Go get food, I'll wait here and save our spaces."

On 29 August 2018 at 11:24, Cassandra <dragonmagic16@...> wrote:

Sitting down Ishi watched him get the klah and then gave him a small smile.  “I thought a good looking guy like you would have a heavy social life?”  She wasn’t really flirting just making an observation, or so she told herself.  She had looked at the food but would wait for him to get his before she got hers.  After all he was a rider and needed to eat more than he probably did.

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 6:11 AM Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
Looking down at Ishixi, T'od gave a firm nod. "Of course, I just meant that getting him sorted comes first. Once he's settled I can eat, and then it's usually straight to bed. I don't have much of a social life."

As they entered the Hall he waved his hand over towards the klah kettles. "Oh don't worry, most of us can't function without it. Shall I get us both some while you have a look and see what you fancy to eat?"

On 23 August 2018 at 11:12, Cassandra <dragonmagic16@...> wrote:

“You do eat before you go to bed right’’ Ishixi frowned, “it’s important you take care of yourself.”  She didn’t mean to lecture or worry about someone she just met but she was a caretaker by nature.  “Well hopefully they have klah.”  That showed him her priority, a klah addict, it all had to do with studying healing growing up.

On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 6:54 PM Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
"Oh I prefer to sleep after a large meal," T'od commented with a grin, "So if we have Fall in the afternoon I skip lunch and don't eat until we're back. And of course Awsonth gets scrubbed before I eat. That pretty much does for me."  He sniffed the air as they were just outside the Dining Hall. "Let's go see what they've got for us, eh?"

On 22 August 2018 at 01:36, Cassandra <dragonmagic16@...> wrote:
Ishi eyed him then shrugged, "truthfully I just eat whenever I can, you never know when an emergency is going to come in." She frowned at her own words, that made her sound like she was always working, which she was, but it was only because she didn't know anyone.  "Lunch is normally larger because it's harder to sleep for me on a larger meal but it depends on shifts and stuff."

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 4:44 AM Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
T'od liked the fact that she'd snorted instead of a titter or giggle. It made her out to be a woman who knew how to have fun, not just laugh out of politeness or in order to please. "What do you normally have for lunch?" he asked as they progressed. "D'you prefer to eat a big meal now, or later?"

On 18 August 2018 at 04:44, Cassandra <dragonmagic16@...> wrote:

An amused snort came from her as she took his arm, her gaze wandering over him before she snapped it back to the hall in front of her.  Hopefully he didn’t notice the slight flush that touched her cheeks.  Part of her couldn’t help but ponder how many times he had hit his head on his dragon but she wasn’t going to ask because that would be rude.  “Why thank you kind sir.” She smiled up  at him.

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 4:55 AM Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
"That's it exactly!" T'od told her good-humouredly. "Please allow me, T'od of bronze Awsonth, to escort you to your meal. I'm probably just as hungry as you, and my dragon won't get any sense out of me until I have filled my belly. Of course, that works both ways too." He treated Ishi to an outrageous wink, even as he offered her his arm.

On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 at 21:18, Cassandra <dragonmagic16@...> wrote:

Tilting her head she rolled her eyes, then listened with her head tilted to her side.  “Exactly what am I meant to be hearing other than the fact that you probably have rock hard abs…and you are hungry maybe?”  Ishi was so going to get herself in trouble here if she didn’t learn to shut her mouth.  She had a good bedside manner she really did but she also didn’t know when to shut her mouth and he was a bronzer.  Yep he was trouble.

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 1:55 AM Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
"Ahh now I understand," T'od was definitely amused, "Well no, I'm not hurt. It was a reaction to the collision, that's all. I'm pretty tough." And he thumped his stomach area to prove it. "Wait though... you hear that?" And he thumped his stomach again, waiting to see what her response would be.

On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 at 10:08, Cassandra <dragonmagic16@...> wrote:

Ishi groaned, “no I meant checking you for injuries.  I’m normally steady on my feet.”  She grinned at him, “my name is Ishixi, but people call me Ishi,” she licked her lips and a flush touched her cheek.  “You don’t have to go with me Sir, I mean, I’m sure you have better things to do.”  She paused and tried to not look up at him.  He was good looking but she wasn't going there.

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 4:53 PM Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
She still looked a little dazed. T'od was pretty sure it wasn't his good looks that had shocked her, then her explanation made things plain. "So you run into people on a regular basis do you, journeyman?" he mused with a raised eyebrow, although the grin on his face indicated he wasn't annoyed. "By all means, as I'm headed there myself. It's this way." And he bowed to the healer, gesturing for her to walk in the direction he was originally going.

On Sun, 12 Aug 2018 at 21:42, Cassandra <dragonmagic16@...> wrote:

“I’m fine thanks.”  Ishi sighed and flicked her gaze to his knots before she snapped to attention.  Awesome she would have to bash straight into a bronze rider.  From her, albeit, very limited experience around some of the Weyrs she knew you had to be careful around them.  Egos and all that.  Her gaze drifted over him and she shook her head, “sorry Sir, I’m a newly transferred healer. I doubt me running into you would hurt you but it’s a habit.” She stepped out of his way so he could keep going where he was going to. “Umm do you know how I get to the dining hall? I seem to have gotten myself turned around.”  Maybe he would help her before he left.

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 1:55 AM Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
"Yeouch!" T'od rocked back on his heels as he collided with someone. That was always the problem with corridors, there was no easy way to see round corners. The someone apologised and he looked down, seeing a woman. "Hey, my fault as well. The glows are a bit dim here aren't they?" He grinned at her; she didn't look familiar. "Are you alright?" He knew that Turns of riding Awsonth and woodcrafting before that had made him pretty solid. Perhaps not as painful to run into as a wall, but still.

On 12 August 2018 at 08:57, Cassandra <dragonmagic16@...> wrote:

Ishixi sighed as she walked through the corridors.  Apparently, this was MEANT to lead her towards the dining hall but she had an awful feeling that she had made a wrong turn somewhere along the way.  Ishi had only just moved to Arolos Weyr and was still trying to work out where she was going.  She had successfully worked out how to get to her ground weyr to the healers but other than that she was going blind.  Normally she wouldn’t even try and head to the dining hall but she was hungry and she hadn’t made herself anything.

“This is stupid.”  She muttered to herself as she rounded the corner and felt herself running into something very solid.  Well someone very solid.  “I’m so sorry.”  She flushed as she stood back and looked upwards.  Why was everyone taller than her?